Cheesecake is a rich and creamy dessert and I promise it’s not that hard to make. This simple four-ingredient filling is fail-proof and delicious, perfect topped with an assortment of berries or sauces!
How to Make Cheesecake
This cheesecake is so smooth and creamy and served in a buttery graham cracker crust.
- Combine filling ingredients (per recipe below). Avoid overmixing as this will cause cracks.
- Press prepared graham cracker crust at the bottom of a springform pan.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
Do you Need a Waterbath?
No, you don’t need to make a waterbath but it helps with even baking and it helps eliminate cracks. While it might seem like a bit of a task, I can assure you its easy to do and only takes a few minutes extra.
To avoid cracks, line two layers of aluminum foil around the outside of the springform pan and place in a large pan. Fill the pan halfway up with water. If you choose this method, bake and allow to cool for a bit in the oven. Cool in the refrigerator.
If you don’t use a water bath, your cheesecake will still be great. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and run a knife around the edge of the crust to loosen the cheesecake from the pan. Remove the pan from the cheesecake and let cheesecake cool completely in the refrigerator at least 4 hours.
Delicious Topping Options
This is what’s so great about cheesecake! There are dozens of toppings and sauces for every cheesecake occasion!
- Sweet: Strawberry, Cherry, Raspberry, Peach, Chocolate, and Caramel.
- Tart: Lemon or Cranberry.
- Savory: Pumpkin or Apple!
How Long Does Cheesecake Last?
Cheesecake will last about 5 days in the refrigerator as long as it is wrapped tightly or kept in an airtight container so it doesn’t absorb the odors from other items in the fridge.
Can You Freeze It?
You sure can! Whether you freeze whole or as individual portions, make sure they are sealed up tight in plastic wrap and then placed in zippered bags or in airtight containers. Be sure to date the cheesecake. It should last for about one month.
Let cheesecake thaw naturally in the refrigerator or at room temp before serving.
Easy Cheesecake Recipes
- Mini Cheesecakes – bite-sized!
- Instant Pot Cheesecake – so easy!
- Apple Cheesecake Pie – two faves combined!
- Oreo No Bake Cheesecake – light & fluffy
- Lemon Cheesecake – easy no-bake!
- Easy Sopapilla Cheesecake – rich & creamy
- Easy Cheesecake Cups – perfect for a crowd
Easy Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups graham crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅔ cup butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix crust ingredients until well combined. Press into a 9" springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until just until incorporated (do not overbeat, this will cause cracks).
- Pour cheesecake into crust and bake 35-45 minutes *see note or until the center is almost set. (It will still be a tiny bit wobbly in the middle).
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes. Gently run a knife around the edge of the crust to loosen. Cool 45 minutes.
- Remove springform pan and cool completely in the fridge at least 4 hours or overnight.
This step is optional but allows the cheesecake to bake more evenly avoiding cracks.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.