‘Tis the season for easy turkey recipes, and this juicy Crock Pot Turkey Breast is perfect for a small holiday feast!
A slow cooker turkey breast just needs some broth and veggies, and if comes out perfectly juicy every time!
Crock Pot Turkey Breast
We love easy Crockpot recipes because they save time in the kitchen in prep, cooking steps, and clean up!
As much as I love an oven roasted turkey this is a smaller choice, great for a family meal.
The slow cooker means this is pretty much effortless, add it to the crock pot and forget about it until it’s done!
TURKEY BREAST I use a 2lb boneless turkey breast with skin on. If your turkey breast is a bit bigger, you’ll need to add some extra cook time (cook times included below).
VEGGIES These are optional but do add extra flavor. In place of veggies, you can use a small rack for the turkey breast.
I use celery, carrots, and onions (use all 3 or what you have on hand). If your turkey is small the vegetables may not be tender once the turkey is cooked. If you’d like they can be removed and simmered on the stove in the broth while the turkey rests.
FRESH HERBS If you have them add some in, I like to buy an inexpensive mix of “poultry herbs” at the local grocery store. This usually includes parsley, thyme, rosemary and sage. If you have any or all of these, add a sprig or two to the broth.
GRAVY Use the broth and drippings to make a flavorful gravy or to make a delicious soup. If using packaged gravy, the drippings can be added in place of water for extra flavor.
A thermometer is an inexpensive way to ensure meat is cooked correctly and comes out juicy every time! They can be purchased online for as little as $10. As meat is expensive, this is a great kitchen investment.
How to Cook a Turkey Breast in a Crockpot
This has to be one of the easiest ways ever to cook a juicy turkey dinner!
- Prepare the turkey breast by with herbs and butter (or olive oil) per the recipe below.
- Place vegetables in the crockpot and top with the turkey breast.
- Cook ‘low and slow’ according to recipe times below, until the turkey breast reaches an internal temperature of 165° F.
- Remove turkey breast and allow it to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
With a smaller turkey breast, the vegetables may not be tender enough in the time it takes to cook the turkey. They do add great flavor to the broth and the turkey breast itself. If you’d like to eat the vegetables, chop them and simmer in the broth on the stove while the turkey rests until they’re tender. They can also be refrigerated and added to soups or stews later.
PRO TIP: Once the turkey breast is cooked, it can be placed under a broiler for about 4 minutes to achieve a crispy outer skin (this is optional).
Turkey Breast Crockpot Cooking Times
This recipe uses a 2 lb skin-on boneless turkey breast, but here are a few other cooking times for turkeys for different weights:
- 2lb turkey breast – 2hrs 45 minutes to 3 hrs 15 minutes
- 3 lb turkey breast – 3 hours 45 minutes to 4 hours 15 minutes.
- 4 lb turkey breast – 4 hours 45 minutes to 5 hours 15 minutes.
Be sure to use a meat thermometer; the internal temperature should always reach 165°F. Check the turkey breast early to ensure it does not overcook.
TURKEY TIP: Once the turkey has finished cooking it should rest about 10 minutes before slicing. Remove it from the slow cooker while it rests so it doesn’t continue cooking in the steam and juices.
Tips for Juicy Turkey Breast
- The best Crockpot turkey breast is slow-cooked to perfection.
- Check the temperature EARLY so your turkey doesn’t overcook.
- Test the temperature at the thickest part of the meat (away from the bone for bone-in breasts).
- Remove the meat from the slow cooker to rest so it doesn’t continue cooking.
- Rest the turkey for at least 5-10 minutes before slicing.
More Turkey Favorites
- One Pan Turkey Dinner
- Easy Roast Turkey Recipe
- Easy Turkey Brine
- Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- Spatchcock Turkey
- Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
Did you make this Crockpot Turkey Breast? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Crock Pot Turkey Breast
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery halved
- 2 carrots quartered
- 1 large yellow onion sliced into ½" wedges
- 1 boneless turkey breast with skin, about 2 to 2 ½ pounds
- In a small bowl mix melted butter, poultry seasoning, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and paprika. Spread the mixture evenly over the turkey breast.
- Pour broth in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the vegetables in the bottom.
- Place the turkey breast, skin side up, on top of the vegetables.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low (times below) until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Do not overcook.
- For crispy skin, remove the turkey breast and place on a foil lined sheet and broil 3-5 minutes or until browned.
- 2lbs will need 2hrs 45 minutes to 3 hrs 15 minutes
- 3lbs will need 3hrs 45 minutes to 4 hrs 15 minutes
- 4lbs will need 4 hrs 45 minutes to 5 hrs 15 minutes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)