Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a classic easy dessert that never goes out of style. A combination of salty pretzels, a rich cream cheese layer and fresh strawberries is combined to create the perfect picnic or potluck dessert!
Everyone loves a good fresh Strawberry Pie but when we have to feed a crowd, this strawberry pretzel dessert tops my list! Not only is it delicious, it’s best made ahead of time for the perfect potluck treat!
What’s in Strawberry Pretzel Salad?
- Pretzel Crust: crushed salted pretzels, butter, sugar
- Creamy Filling: cream cheese, sugar, cool whip
- Strawberry Topping: strawberry jello, sliced fresh strawberries
You can use frozen strawberries if you can’t find fresh (defrost and drain first). You could also substitute or add other fresh fruit. Raspberries or peaches would taste terrific combined with the strawberries.
To Make Jello Pretzel Salad
Strawberry jello pretzel salad comes together in three easy steps. Be sure to chill each step between so they set.
- Crust: Combine crushed pretzels, sugar and butter and press into the bottom of a pan.
- Creamy Filling: Whip cream cheese and sugar, fold in whipped topping. Spread over the pretzel layer and refrigerate until firm.
- Strawberry Topping: Combine jello and water with strawberries and pour over the creamy layer.
To let it fully set, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. When ready to enjoy, cut into squares and serve!
Tips for the Best Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Allow each layer to cool/chill before adding the next layer.
- Spread the cream cheese layer all the way to the edge to prevent the pretzel crust from becoming soggy.
- Allow the Jell-o to cool down to room temperature before pouring on the fresh strawberries so the heat doesn’t wilt them.
- Use whipped topping, not fresh whipped cream. The whipped topping is a more stable ingredient that sets more firmly.
Can You Make it in Advance?
Strawberry pretzel salad is best when made at least half a day in advance. It needs at least four hours to set up, or preferably longer. It will keep for up to three days in the refrigerator.
More Berry Delicious Recipes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie – perfect combination of sweet & tart!
- Fresh Strawberry Pie – The BEST summer dessert
- Strawberry Cobbler – Easy to make
- Whipped Strawberry Icebox Cake – delicious no bake dessert!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pie – 6 ingredient topping
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz Cool Whip defrosted
- 6 oz Strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Combine crushed pretzels, sugar and butter in a bowl and press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake 10 minutes and cool completely.
In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar with a hand mixer on medium until fluffy. Gently fold in Cool Whip. Spread mixture evenly over the cooled crust and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Large mixing bowl combine Jell-O and boiling until jello is dissolved. Allow mixture to sit at room temperature until completely cooled.
Place sliced strawberries over the cream cheese mixture. Pour cooled Jell-O overtop.
Refrigerate until firmly set at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)