This post is sponsored by Walmart and SheKnows Media.
The holidays are the perfect time to host family and friends. There is something so special about sharing great food and engaging in conversation with people you are close to.
It is a time spent carrying on family traditions and maybe creating new ones too!
Being a holiday host can take a lot of effort so I always look for ways to keep things simple and inexpensive.
Rather than making every item from scratch, I often grab prepared items and add some easy homemade touches to make it my own. This takes away the stress of trying to do everything myself!
With every event I host, I like to have a table full of savory nibbles and of course a table full of desserts and I try to make sure I have a great variety of choices so there is something for everyone.
I love when I can purchase items that help me to create an impressive assortment of desserts without breaking the bank! Buying variety packs of desserts at Walmart helps to make entertaining simple by including several choices in a single package!
Walmart’s Variety Cheesecake comes with 4 flavors in one package allowing your guests to choose what they’d like to enjoy! This is the perfect beginning to a fun dessert bar, slices of Strawberry Swirl, Turtle Pecan, Triple Chocolate and New York Cheesecake!
I put out a supply a variety of toppings ranging from simple caramel or chocolate syrup (store bought or my easy 5 minute fudge sauce), a fresh berry medley, Great Value ice cream toppings and my favorite homemade Raspberry Cranberry Cheesecake topping to create an amazing dessert bar!
By placing the store-bought toppings and one or two simple homemade toppings into pretty dishes, you can create a fun dessert bar that allows your guests to get creative!
This Raspberry Cranberry Cheesecake Topping is a wonderful way to crown your favorite cheesecake (or even on a dish of luscious ice cream or a bowl of yogurt)!
Cranberry sauce has always been a traditional favorite and combined with sweet raspberries, pairs perfectly to turn any flavor of cheesecake into a delicious cranberry cheesecake!
If I’m serving a full meal and dessert, I set out the cheesecake and let my guests take a slice and top it as they wish. If I’m hosting a cocktail party, the cheesecake is easily cut into small bite-sized squares making them easy to grab and nibble on.
Provide your guests with pairing suggestions for their dessert and topping or let them come up with their own creations!
A few of my favorite combos are:
- Swirl Cheesecake with my Raspberry Cranberry topping
- Triple chocolate cheesecake with nuts and Hot Fudge Sauce.
- Turtle cheesecake with extra caramel and a sprinkle of nuts.
- Plain Cheesecake with fresh berries.
Try a fun modification to my Raspberry Cranberry Sauce by replacing the raspberries with oranges! I typically make my own homemade Cranberry Sauce with citrus, as oranges pair perfectly and make this a wonderful and unexpectedly delicious dessert topping!
There are so many inexpensive, quality products to choose from and the selection is second to none. It truly is a one stop shop for your holiday entertaining!
Here are a few pointers to help keep things simple and on budget so you can have a stress free party:
- Plan your menu well in advance.
- Use disposable plates, cutlery and napkins for your parties. They are an inexpensive option and at the end of the night you will be so thankful that clean up is easy and quick!
- Chose items that you can prepare ahead of time such as a beautiful Charcuterie Board or a Cranberry Feta Pinwheels! Both are amazing and will save you pre-party stress!
- Prepare toppings well in advance (the cranberry cheesecake topping below can be made ahead of time and frozen).
- Host a dessert buffet with fun toppings. This is a great way to host friends and family without all the expense and work of a full blown meal!
Head on over to Walmart to for all of the supplies you’ll need to make a fun and delicious dessert bar! Creative and interesting party ideas are around every corner just waiting for your creative flare! Happy Holidays!
CRANBERRY CHEESECAKE TOPPING
- 12 oz fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- Squeeze 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice from the lemon.
- Combine cranberries, raspberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Cool completely.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
I am excited to have partnered with Walmart & SheKnows Media to bring you this post. While I was compensated, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Working with great brands I love allows me to keep bringing you the great recipes you love!
More Recipes You’ll Love
Easy Caramel Sauce