This homemade pecan pie recipe is, without a doubt, one of my favorite pie recipes!
It is incredibly easy to make; simply whisk the ingredients, add chopped pecans and pour into the crust. The results are a perfectly sweet buttery pecan filling in a flaky crust.
Top this pie with whipped cream for serving. Perfection!
Our Favorite Pecan Pie Recipe
This classic pie is a Thanksgiving staple for good reason.
- This homemade pecan pie is a crowd-pleaser, perfect for holidays and special occasions.
- Prep is surprisingly fast and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients.
- It’s rich, decadent, and delicious!
- It can be made ahead or even frozen until ready to serve.
Ingredients in Pecan Pie
Pie Crust – Use homemade flaky pie crust or purchase a pre-made crust to fill with this delish pecan pie filling.
Eggs & Cornstarch – Eggs and cornstarch are added to help the pie set up to just the texture.
Sugar – Brown sugar and white sugar add sweetness, while corn syrup gives that gooey consistency we love in a traditional pecan pie recipe. Together these three create a delicious caramel-like flavor. This recipe can use light or dark corn syrup or even maple syrup in place.
Pecans – Use chopped pecans in this recipe to make it nice and easy (and fuss-free). Simply chop and stir.
Pecans – Use chopped pecans in this recipe to make it nice and easy (and fuss-free). Simply chop and stir them in!
How to Make Pecan Pie
- PREP CRUST Simply line the pie plate with a single pie shell and set aside.
- WHISK Add ingredients (except pecans) to a bowl and whisk.
- ADD PECANS Chop and stir in the pecans and pour the mixture into the crust.
- BAKE as per the recipe below. It’s literally as easy as pie!
How to Make Pecan Pie Ahead of Time
Once baked, allow at least 2 hours to cool, this dessert is best made the day before.
Pecan pie can be stored at room temperature for 48 hours. You can also store the baked and cooled pie in the fridge, lightly covered with plastic wrap, for up to 4 days. Bring it to room temperature before serving.
To Freeze Pecan Pie, bake and cool completely. Freeze the baked pie for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and bring to room temperature before serving.
Flavorful & Festive Pies!
Did you make this Homemade Pecan Pie? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Homemade Pecan Pie Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups pecans chopped coarsely
- 9 inch pie crust unbaked
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make pie crust and line a 9" pie pan.
- Place eggs in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined, whisk in cornstarch. Add sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in pecans and pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake pie 55-65 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool completely, at least 2 hours.
- Either light or dark corn syrup work in this recipe.
- Purchase chopped pecans to save time.
- Line a pan with parchment if you have it, this makes for easy clean up if you have any drips or spills.
- This pecan pie recipe can be made ahead of time. Bake and cool. Loosely cover and store at room temperature for up to 48 hours.
- If you’d prefer, bake and cool completely. Freeze the baked pie for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and bring to room temperature before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.