Air fryer french fries are deliciously crisp and incredibly easy to make with very little fat.
Air fryers have revolutionized cooking nearly everything, including making your favorite crispy french fries in less time than baking in the oven!
Why We Love Fries in the Air Fryer
My air fryer is my new best friend! This easy recipe for homemade air fryer french fries replaces deep-fried fries for the perfect hamburger partner!
They are healthier than fast food (or even store-bought fries) and have great flavor. I definitely feel better eating these fries!
Instead of deep-frying french fries, the air fryer uses a fraction of oil and has minimal cleanup, too! Or, stick with good old ketchup!
No Air Fryer?! No Problem!
You can make amazing crispy baked fries in the oven too!
Ingredients and Variations
POTATOES Russets are nice and starchy, they’re my first choice to give the perfect crisp with a fluffy interior.
You can make any kind of potato into fries; Yukon golds, red potatoes, or even frozen french fries!
SEASONING Olive oil (just a little though!), garlic powder, and seasoned salt are all that’s needed to complete the flavor of these fries! Lemon pepper seasoning is another favorite.
How to Make French Fries in Air Fryer
Air Fryer french fries are super easy to make and ready in no time for a perfect snack!
- Cut and soak fries for 30 minutes (PRO TIP: add a little granulated sugar to the water for a slightly sweet flavor- lots of fast-food restaurants do this).
- Drain fries and pat dry with a paper towel. Toss with oil and seasonings until all the pieces are evenly coated.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket and into the preheated fryer.
- Cook 10 minutes, shake the basket, and continue to cook until golden brown on the outside.
How to Reheat
Crisp up leftover air fryer French fries by placing them back into a preheated air fryer for about 3-5 minutes.
Air Fryer Favorites
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Steak
Did you love these Air Fryer French Fries? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer French Fries
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt or to taste
- Scrub potatoes and peel if desired. Cut into ¼" fries.
- Place fries in a large bowl and fill with cold water. Soak at least 30 minutes.
- Drain well and dab fries dry with a kitchen towel.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F.
- Toss potatoes with oil, garlic powder, and seasoned salt to taste.
- Place the potatoes in the basket and cook for 10 minutes. Shake/flip the potatoes and cook an additional 6-8 minutes or until crisp. Add additional salt to taste.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)