Air Fryer Zucchini Chips are lightly breaded and cooked crisp (and guilt-free) in this easy recipe!
This is a favorite snack and makes for a great side, the perfect way to enjoy a surplus of zucchini!
Easy Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
A crispy air fried crust with tender zucchini inside, I literally can’t get enough of these.
ZUCCHINI Zucchini is our choice here, but don’t be afraid to try summer squash (yellow squash) or even sliced patty-pan squash.
SPICES AND COATING Panko and parmesan cheese are mixed with a handful of spices, these are more Italian-leaning. A bit of cornmeal adds great crunch to this recipe.
Swap it up and season with ranch dressing, taco seasoning or your own favorite spice blend.
How to Make Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
Preheat your Air Fryer for best results.
- Combine the crumb coating in a bowl (per recipe below).
- Slice zucchini and toss with egg.
- Dip the zucchini into the breading and gently press the coating on each side.
- Air fry in a single layer.
Tip: Make a couple of batches of zucchini chips per the recipe below. Just before serving, place all batches in the Air Fryer and heat through for 3 minutes.
Perfect Air Fryer Zucchini
- Preheat the air fryer.
- No need to peel, the skins add extra nutrition and taste great.
- Cook in a single layer for the best results.
- Reheat in the air fryer at 375°F for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with dips like Homemade Ranch Dressing (fave) or marinara.
More Air Fryer Favorites
- Air Fryer Cauliflower – ready in 20 minutes
- Air Fryer Asparagus – quick & easy
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts – only 3 ingredients
- Crispy Air Fryer Shrimp – use fresh or frozen shrimp
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms – cheesy bacon filling
- Air Fryer Eggplant – breaded & seasoned
- Air Fryer Potato Chips – so crunchy & crispy
Did you make these Air Fryer Zucchini Chips? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- 1 ¼ cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium zucchini cut into ¼" slices
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, parmesan cheese, and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Toss zucchini with beaten egg. Remove zucchini from egg allowing excess to drip off and dip into breadcrumb mixture gently pressing to coat.
- Place zucchini in the air fryer in a single layer and cook 8 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 6-8 minutes or until crisp and zucchini is tender.
- Repeat with remaining zucchini.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
We just tried these tonight and thought they were delicious! I added a little salt, just for our taste. But the breading came out toasty and crispy. A great way to eat zucchini! Thank you for the great air fryer recipe.
I am so glad you enjoyed this recipe Karen!
Didn’t care for them. Not enough breading stuck to them to provide the crunch I was hoping for and I thought they were dry even though they weren’t over cooked.
Sorry, these weren’t a hit for you Pam. To help with the coating be sure to dip completely in the egg wash and gently press the crumb coating into each slice of zucchini. This should help the breading provide that crunch! Hope that helps.