Egg rolls are stuffed with pork, veggies, and lots of flavor. Fill, wrap and cook!
Skip the deep fryer, these bake up crisp and delicious in the air fryer with a fraction of the fat!
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a countertop appliance that is so easy to use! (I have this air fryer and use it pretty much every day).
Air fryers cook by circulating hot air around the food, kind of like a convection oven to the max!
They have a variety of settings to produce varying levels of crispness without lots of fat. The air fryer makes these homemade egg rolls turn out perfectly crispy – just like this deep-fried version only with far less oil!
How to Make Air Fryer Egg Rolls
It’s easy to make your own egg rolls at home! Because the egg rolls crisp up quickly, the meat should be pre-cooked as it won’t have time to cook through in the air fryer.
- Cook ground pork with garlic and ginger until no pink remains (per recipe below).
- Add coleslaw mix (or cabbage) and cook until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and spoon into the center of each wrapper.
- Wrap and spray with cooking spray. Cook until crisp.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce like sweet and sour for a tasty appetizer.
How to Wrap Egg Rolls
With these 4 simple steps, it’s easy to wrap the perfect egg roll!
- Lay each wrapper out separately.
- Drop filling in the center of each one.
- Fold up the bottom (diagonally), then fold in the sides.
- Roll closed and seal with a little bit of water mixed with flour.
What To Do With Leftover Egg Rolls
To freeze: Air fryer egg rolls can be frozen before or after they are cooked, for a perfect snack or easy lunch. Simply place the assembled rolls on a baking sheet and then freeze them. Once frozen, place in a zippered bag with the date on them.
To reheat: Add to an unheated air fryer. Turn it on to 350°F and cook 4-6 minutes or just until heated through. Air fryers can vary so be sure to check your egg rolls early to ensure they don’t burn or overcook.
More Great Egg Roll Fillings
- Blueberry Egg Rolls – a sweet and tasty option
- Apple Pie Egg Rolls
- Mini Jalapeno Popper Egg Rolls – crispy, creamy, cheesy & spicy
- Taco Egg Rolls
- Loaded Mashed Potato Egg Rolls – with gooey melted cheese
- Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls – ready in 20 mins
Did you enjoy these Air Fryer Egg Rolls? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- 8 egg roll wrappers or spring roll wrappers
- 1 tablespoon flour
- vegetable oil for brushing or cooking spray
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups packaged fresh coleslaw or 4 cups finely chopped cabbage & shredded carrots
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Add pork to a medium skillet and cook until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Stir in garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add coleslaw and cook until tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and green onions.
- Mix 1 tablespoon flour with just enough water to make a paste.
- Lay out egg roll wrappers and place about 1/3 cup filling in each. Fold diagonally, fold sides in and roll up sealing the tip with a little bit of the flour paste.
- Brush the outside of each egg roll with a little bit of vegetable oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Place in the air fryer basket 3-4 at a time and cook at 390°F for 8 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 3 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Made these last night for dinner. They were excellent. Will definately make them again!
happy to hear that, Sharon! Glad you enjoyed them.
What do you do for frozen small egg rolls. I’m just learning how to use my air fryer.
For frozen small egg rolls, I would air fry at 350 F for 7-10 minutes.
Sign me up.
Welcome Dennis! To receive emails with new recipes, you can click here to sign up to receive emails. Look forward to sending you recipes!
I feel like the wrappers are tough. Anyone else?
Thanks so much for this recipe, I can’t wait to try them.
I am anxious to try these recipes, especially the egg rolls. My hubby and I love them so much for snacks and easy dinners.