With a pleasantly chewy texture and a hint of crispness at the edges, Air Fryer Brussel sprouts add just the right fresh touch to any dinner.
This oh-so-simple recipe produces sweet, nutty, and tender bites of veggie goodness. Made with just 3 ingredients and ready in under 15 minutes it is the perfect last-minute side dish!
What are Brussel Sprouts?
These tasty vegetables are so much fun because they look exactly like baby cabbage heads! In fact, they are in the same family as other crucifers, along with broccoli and cauliflower.
They are found in grocery stores year-round but usually are at their peak of flavor in fall. Cooking releases their sweetness while retaining their cabbage-like pungency.
They are the perfect bite-sized green, especially when made nice and crispy in the air fryer! Serve them as a side dish or an appetizer with a homemade aioli for dipping.
Brussel sprouts should be kept refrigerated and intact until you are ready to prep and cook.
- Simply trim the blunt stem ends.
- Rinse in cold water and drain until dry.
They can be cut in half if you want bite-sized pieces, but be aware the more they are cut into, the more leaves that will drop off.
How to Cook Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
The Air Fryer makes quick work of turning these little gems into a fabulous side dish.
- Toss prepped Brussels sprouts with oil and season.
- Cook in Air Fryer until tender-crisp.
Air fryer Brussel sprouts pair beautifully with glazed ham, roast turkey, bacon-wrapped scallops, or grilled lamb chops. With a generous dollop of creamy garlic potatoes on the plate alongside, the ensemble is complete.
Air Fryer Brussel sprouts are terrific with a sprinkling of your favorite toppings. Some of the best ways to dress up your sprouts include:
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Crumbled bacon
- Diced red onion
- Slivered almonds
- Dried cranberries
Don’t throw those leftovers away! Brussel sprouts will keep in a tightly covered container or freezer bag for up to four days in the fridge or the freezer for up to four months.
- They can go straight into the microwave without advance thawing.
- Or, wrap in foil and reheat in the oven.
- You can also reheat on the stovetop in a covered pot on low heat. They may get a little mushy from boiling, but will still taste fabulous!
Air Fryer Brussel sprouts are simply the best way to get those healthy greens in your family’s diet!
Yummy Ways to Prepare Brussel Sprouts
- Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- Sauteed Brussel Sprouts
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Baked Brussel Sprouts Gratin
- Brussel Sprout Salad
Did you enjoy these Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- 1 pound brussels sprouts halved, or quartered if extra large
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook in the Air Fryer at 375°F for 4 minutes.
- Shake and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or just until tender.