This is a definite family favorite dinner! I start with rotisserie chicken to make it super easy! I often sneak other veggies into the filling including finely chopped zucchini, mushrooms, grated carrots or whatever I have on hand. The kids don’t even know they’re in there, it stretches the meal a bit and adds some good nutrition!
You can use corn or flour tortillas in this recipe, but I definitely prefer flour tortillas!
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 8 7 " flour tortillas (or corn tortillas if you prefer)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (I use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 onion , finely diced
- 1 yellow or green pepper , finely diced
- 1 4 oz can of mild green chiles , undrained
- 1 teaspoon cumin , divided
- 4 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, in a bowl combine 1 cup of milk, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, sour cream, cream of mushroom/chicken soup, and all but 2 tablespoons of the chile peppers. Set aside.
- Cook onions and bell peppers in butter until softened. Add chicken, remaining 2 tablespoons chiles, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1 tablespoon of milk and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Place 1/4 cup of filling on each tortilla and roll tightly. Put seam side down in a 9x13 pan. Pour the sauce evenly over the tortillas and cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Recipe Adapted from BHG!