Stir Fry Veggies is the perfect side, main dish, or lunch!
When time is tight, whip up these easy Stir Fry Veggies and have dinner on the table in minutes. Even faster if you’re a meal prepping pro on the weekend, just toss everything into the pot for a dinner that’s quick to the table.
Hey friends! It’s Kellie, again, from The Suburban Soapbox and since school has been back in session, time is not on my side lately. I’m the kind of person that puts everything off until the last minute and miscalculates how long it will really take me to get ready in the morning.
And when it comes to dinner….I frequently underestimate the amount of time it will take me to make dinner, often overcommitting to a big, elaborate multi-course meal. So, when I’m really feeling pressed for time, there’s one thing I know I can get on the table quickly and easily….and that’s Stir Fry Veggies!
Easy Stir Fry Veggies are so simple to make and even easier if you prep ahead earlier in the week. Most of the time needed to create this simple dish is spent on chopping up all the veggies you want to add to your dinner.
What Veggies Should You Use in Stir Fry?
There are really no rules to this Stir Fry Veggies dish so if you don’t like zucchini, leave it out…..not a fan of baby corn, skip it. Make this recipe your very own.
For this veggie stir fry recipe I like to use:
- Baby Carrots
- Yellow Squash
- Bell Peppers
- Snow Peas
Another one of my favorite shortcuts for making stir fried vegetables is to visit my grocery store’s produce section and see what THEY have already prepped ahead. A lot of stores will have a section of cut up fresh produce right in the front so you can just grab what you want and go.
How Do You Make Stir Fry Veggies?
To make your Stir Fry Veggies:
- Simply add a bit of oil to a pan and season with chopped garlic. The garlic will flavor the oil while it heats without overpowering your dish. Remove the garlic from the pan and then add the onion.
- Cook the onion for a bit until softened and then add one veggie at a time, starting first with the vegetables that take the longest to cook. So, after the onion I like to add zucchini or bell pepper.
- Broccoli is another great addition to Veggie Stir Fry but you can add that whenever you like. If you like it on the softer side, add it early. Like a little crunch in your stir fry, add that broccoli near the very end.
Either way, you decide to make your Quick Stir Fry Veggies, the sauce is what puts it over the top. Packed with bright, fresh flavors, this stir fry sauce is a staple in so many of my favorite stir fry recipes….like this Beef Stir Fry with Rice Noodles. Currently on repeat in my house.
We love to serve it over steamed rice or even Cauliflower Rice if you’re counting your calories or enjoying a low carb diet right now.
Some Other Quick Stir Fry Recipes You Might Love:
- Shrimp Stir Fry with Zucchini Noodles is a great way to keep your low carb friends happy.
- A classic kid-friendly option, Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry.
- Lightning Fast Easy Pepper Chicken Stir Fry is the best for busy weeknights!
- This easy and delicious stir fry sauce!
Did you enjoy this Stir Fry Veggie Recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Stir Fry Veggies Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup zucchini chopped
- 1 cup yellow squash chopped
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup small button mushrooms
- 1 cup edamame shelled
- ½ cup baby corn chopped
- ½ cup carrots matchstick cut
- ½ cup snow peas chopped
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- chopped green onions optional
- sesame seeds optional
- In medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, rice wine, ginger, chili garlic sauce, fish sauce and sesame oil. Set aside
- Place a high sided skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the olive oil and garlic. Cook the garlic for 1 minute or until fragrant. Remove the garlic from the pan and reserve
- Add the onion to the pan, cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the zucchini, squash, broccoli and bell pepper, cook for an additional 1-2 minutes
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in the edamame, corn, carrots and snow peas cooking for an additional minute
- Pour the sauce over the beef stir fry and toss to combine. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes tossing a few times to allow the sauce to thicken and caramelize
- To serve, top the stir fry with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds, if desired
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)