Cinnamon Roll Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting!
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting!
Pin now to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cinnamon rolls and pancakes are two of our favorite breakfast treats around here… ! Well Recipe Girl came up with a way to combine the two that I was just DYING to try!! I’m telling you, she is a pure genius!
When you make the pancakes, be sure not to over-stir the batter, this will make chewy pancakes instead of light and fluffy pancakes. The cinnamon swirl sort of melts into the batter and of caramelizes on the bottom will create beautiful little craters of cinnamon-y deliciousness! Oh… and the frosting in this recipe is literally over the top!
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes!
Cinnamon rolls and pancakes are two of our favorite breakfast treats around here.
Pancakes (or you can use a box mix if you prefer)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 -1 1/2 cups milk , room temperature
- 1 egg , room temperature
- 3 tablespoons butter , melted
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Add more milk if your batter is too thick. (Batter should be slightly lumpy).
- Combine all swirl ingredients in a small ziploc bag. Snip off the corner.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix cream cheese & butter with a mixer on high until fluffy. Add in confectioners’ sugar 1/4 cup at a time until mixed in. Add in remaining ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
To prepare pancakes
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle to medium. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Once bubbles start to form, gently squeeze a swirl of the sugar mixture into each pancake. Once the bubbles on the top side begin to pop, flip pancakes and cook an additional minute or two.
- Top with frosting and serve warm.
Adapted from Recipe Girl