Skip the boxed mix, this delicious homemade banana fudge cake comes incredibly moist and well, fudgy!
A handful of ingredients you likely have on hand and a few ripe bananas and you’ve got the perfect afternoon indulgence!
Why We Love Snack Cakes
We love snack cakes because they are so quick and easy to make and great to snack on!
No frosting required – chocolate snack cakes are little slices of perfection (although I won’t judge if you add a big smear of chocolate frosting)!
I find snack cakes tend to be a little bit denser than traditional cakes. They are great for everyday eating when you want a little something without it being too much of a production.
WET INGREDIENTS Eggs & bananas are what make this cake so moist (and of course some butter)!
DRY INGREDIENTS This snack cake has basic dry ingredients like flour, sugar, and leavening agents like baking powder & baking soda.
ADD-INS Once you start with these, then you can add any mix-ins to make your cake uniquely yours! We like chocolate chips or chocolate pudding, even nuts!
How to Make a Cake Moist
Start with great ingredients like canned pumpkin, applesauce, or in the case of this cake, bananas, for extra moisture! Butter delivers up more flavor than shortening or oil.
A few more tips for a moist cake:
- Ensure ingredients (including eggs) are at room temperature.
- Measure the flour by gently spooning the flour into the measuring cup. (More info on measuring flour).
- Do not overmix the batter (this can make it chewy).
- Use the pan size directed in the recipe.
- Do not overbake.
How to Make Banana Fudge Cake
Homemade snack cake comes together with minimal effort for a moist and delicious snack!
- Cream the sugar and butter (per the recipe below). Add eggs and banana.
- Stir in dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in prepared cake pan and bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Storing Snack Cake
- Keep snack cake in a sealed container at room temperature and it will last 3-4 days.
- Freeze cooled snack cake by wrapping it in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil and write the date on the outside. It will keep about 3 months.
- Thaw at room temperature and serve.
- Classic Banana Bread
- The Best Banana Cake
- Bananas Foster
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Banana Muffins
Did your family love this Chocolate Banana Snack Cake? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Banana Fudge Cake
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 small bananas mashed (approx. 1 ⅓ cups)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9" round cake pan.
- Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy. Stir in the mashed bananas and eggs.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips to the banana mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)