This moist banana bread recipe transforms overripe bananas into a perfect loaf. You’ll just need a handful ingredients you likely have on hand and of course ripe bananas!
This recipe is easy to make and its perfect if you’d like to add nuts or chocolate chips.
Bananas for Banana Bread
For this recipe, you’ll need 1 ⅓ cups mashed bananas – about 4 small bananas. They should be dark yellow with lots of brown or black spots and very soft.
To Ripen Bananas Quickly
If you’d want to ripen bananas for banana bread or cake, they can be ripened (baked) in the oven. Place bananas on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes (the skins will turn black). Cool before using.
How to Make Banana Bread
This is a classic banana bread recipe and while the ingredients are simple, it’s moist and tender.
- Combine dry ingredients per the recipe below and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar, add the remaining wet ingredients, including the mashed bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Bake as directed.
Serve fresh out of the oven or heated slightly with butter for an easy and delicious snack!
Tips for Moist Banana Bread
These tips will ensure your loaf is tender and moist and will apply to most quick breads or muffin recipes.
- Ensure your pan is the correct size.
- Measure the flour correctly by spooning it into the measuring cup, not scooping it with the measuring cup.
- Mix just until the ingredients are moistened, overmixing will make a dense loaf.
- Do not overbake. Ovens can vary, be sure to check your bread at least 10 minutes early.
- Remove from the pan to cool completely.
Quick bread is easy to store and will last about 5 days. Keep it wrapped in plastic wrap, foil, or in a sealed container at room temperature. It can be warmed for about 10 seconds in the microwave if desired.
To Freeze Banana Bread
Most quick breads can be frozen, just make sure they are sealed well.
Freeze in a zippered bag or an airtight container labeled with the date on it. Frozen banana bread should stay fresh for about 8 weeks. Thaw at room temperature and serve!
Did your family love this Banana Bread recipe? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Moist Banana Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened or vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups mashed bananas about 4 small
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour (or line with parchment paper) an 8×4-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate medium bowl, add butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix with a hand mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Stir in mashed bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir just until combined, do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Cool in the pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a rack.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.