Banana Muffins are the perfect go to recipe for ripe bananas (along with a moist tender Banana Bread Recipe of course)! Nothing says homemade goodness and “made with love” like freshly baked muffins from the oven.
Need a quick way to get the kids out of bed on a school day? Or a reason to surprise a friend? These easy banana muffins come together in a pinch with ingredients you probably already have!
Best Banana Muffin Recipe
Those bananas that are slowly turning brown on the counter are becoming dark, spotty and kind of ugly. This means they have also reached their peak of sweetness for this muffin recipe! If you don’t have time to make banana nut muffins today, simply peel them and freeze until you are ready to bake.
Most banana recipes (like our favorite Chocolate Banana Bread) are perfect for making ahead of time and freezing including these banana bread muffins.
How to Make Banana Muffins
These banana muffins are perfectly tender, full of flavor and easy to make. While they are so simple to make, these banana muffins are loaded with flavor.
- Mix the dry ingredients first
- Make a well in the center and add wet ingredients.
- Mix until just moistened (lumps are ok, overmixing causes dry tough muffins).
- Bake and serve warm.
This is one of the best muffin recipes because you can add toasted nuts, blueberries, cranberries or even chocolate chips to make these into banana chocolate chip muffins!
Gently fold everything together and scoop into lined muffin wells.
How Long to Bake Banana Muffins
This recipe makes 10 medium sized muffins, 6 Texas-sized muffins or 18 mini muffins. Along with not over mixing of course, the best muffins should not be overcooked.
- Cook regular muffins for 18-20 minutes.
- Cook mini muffins for 11-13 minutes.
- Cook texas muffins 20-24 for minutes.
Check the muffins at the lower end of the cook time. I press on the muffin and if it pops back up (without leaving an indent) the muffins should be done. Alternatively, a toothpick inserted into the muffin should come out clean.
How to Freeze Banana Muffins
These easy banana muffins are a staple in our house and perfect for any day of the week. Even better, we make them ahead of time or on the weekends and then freeze them for lunches and snacks.
Banana muffins can be frozen and stored in a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 2 months.
Other Muffins You’ll Love
- Easy Pumpkin Muffins – perfect for fall!
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Easy Bran Muffins – delicious!
- Gingerbread Muffins with Spiced Crumble Topping
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Banana Nut Crunch Muffins
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 3
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine bananas, brown sugar, white sugar, beaten egg, vanilla and melted butter.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and add the wet ingredients. Mix just until moistened. (Do not overmix)
- Divide batter evenly over 10 muffin wells.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!