Cheesecake Bites are a delicious bite-sized dessert that everyone loves. A rich creamy cheesecake filling is nestled on an easy cookie crust and swirled with our favorite preserves.
Not only delicious but pretty too, this easy dessert recipe is perfect to make ahead and freezes well!
I am so excited to partner with Cost Plus World Market and their new Downton Abbey inspired ingredients to bring you this cheesecake bites recipe!
As many fans already know Downton Abbey is a British period drama that takes place in the early 20th century. It showcases an important part of British culture – the classic afternoon tea!
If attending afternoon tea with the Crawley family, rules and proper aristocratic etiquette should definitely be followed. Traditionally tea time consists of cucumber sandwiches, mini scones topped with jams, butter or creams. We’ve taken flavors from traditional tea nibbles and turned it into a cheesecake bite, we think the Dowager Countess of Grantham would approve!
A delicious cheesecake filling (sweetened with honey of course) is topped with a variety of Downton Abbey fruit preserves to create the prettiest of swirls!
How to Make Cheesecake Bites
When mini cheesecake bites line a muffin pan with liners for easy removal. I love the selection found at Cost Plus World Market. You can add a fun twist or theme with liners to suit any party…including a Downton Abbey themed tea party!
- Combine crushed Viennese cookies and butter then press into liners.
- Pressing the crust firmly helps it hold together once baked.
- For best results, ensure all ingredients are room temperature before mixing.
- Beat together filling ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Use a batter dispenser penbatter dispenser pen to fill the cupcake liners evenly and easily.
- Add your favorite Downton Abbey fruit preserves on top of the cream cheese before baking
- Use one flavor or a combination.
- Using a toothpick, swirl the preserves to create pretty patterns before baking.
Bake and cool completely. Once cooled, remove from the liners and serve. Even better, in this summer heat try frozen cheesecake bites for a refreshing snack on a hot day!
Jams, Curds & Marmalades
When it comes to topping these cheesecake bites we used a variety of fruit preserves. The main difference being the flavor and consistency.
This fall, the worldwide phenomenon DOWNTON ABBEY, becomes a grand motion picture event, as the beloved Crawleys and their intrepid staff prepare for the most important moment of their lives. A royal visit from the King and Queen of England will unleash scandal, romance and intrigue that will leave the future of Downton hanging in the balance. Written by series creator Julian Fellowes and starring the original cast.
In theaters September 20. Get tickets now
Downton Abbey Collection Exclusive to Cost Plus World Market only.
- Downton Abbey Marmalade
- Downton Abbey Lemon Curd
- Downton Abbey Blackcurrant Jam
- Downton Abbey Honey
- Downton Abbey Viennese Whirls
- Downton Abbey Scone Mix
Join Cost Plus World Market ALL DAY on Saturday, September 14th for their #DoTheDownton Virtual Tea Party!
They’ll be giving away World Market gift cards and movie tickets all day on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Plus, upload a photo on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter of your Do The Downton Tea Party pose (pinky up) for a chance to win a $150 World Market gift card and more.
- Jam: Downton Abbey Traditional Black Currant Jam is a thicker fruit preserve. It contains not just the juice but the flesh of the fruit as well. This sweet spread gives a delicious texture to this cheesecake bite recipe.
- Lemon Curd: Usually made with citrus flavors, Downton Abbey Lemon Curd differs from the other fruit preserves in texture. It is a smooth, very vibrantly flavored spread that is perfect on top of cheesecake!
- Marmalade: Downton Abbey Orange Marmalade is similar to fruit preserve but easily recognized by the addition of the fruit peels. It has a distinctive bitter taste which is perfectly balanced with the sweet honey and cream cheese in this recipe!
Cost Plus World Market is one of my favorite places. I can easily spend hours browsing through the aisles. I always seem to be able to find something I absolutely ‘need’! They have beautiful napkins, linens, and kitchen items from gadgets to prep and decor (my weakness)! They have gourmet and International foods, not to mention wines, and now a Downton Abbey themed line of tea time essentials!
More Cheesecake Recipes You’ll Love
- Oreo No Bake Cheesecake – light, fluffy & creamy!
- Lemon Meringue Pie Cheesecake – classic dessert
- Cheesecake Dessert Tacos – fun twist!
- Easy Sopapilla Cheesecake Recipe – only 10 mins prep!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Amaretto – fall favorite
Easy Cheesecake Bites
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with 12 foil liners.
Crush cookies and melted butter in a food processor until you have fine crumbs. Divide over liners and press firmly to form a crust.
- Beat cream cheese In a medium bowl until fluffy. Add honey, lemon, eggs and extract. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Divide cream cheese over each cookie crust. Add one teaspoon of Downton Abbey Orange Marmalade to top of 4 of the cheese cakes. Repeat with blackcurrant jam and lemon curd.
Using a toothpick, slightly swirl the jam/marmalade/lemon curd.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until set. Remove from oven, cool completely and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)