Mini Chocolate Chip Scones
I am not a scone lover. I have never been and I didn’t think I ever would be… until I met these scones.
My 15 year old daughter is a tremendous baker! She’s been baking for years and is truly talented in the kitchen. As much as I would like to take credit for the bundles of yummy… they were made by my daughter! (Thanks sweetie, they are amazing just like you).
These sweet and simple melt in your mouth scones are so amazing with a coffee or even as dessert! I’m telling you, I’m hooked!
Delicious Chocolate Chip Scones
I am not a scone lover. I never have been and I didn’t think I ever would be… until I met these scones.
- 2 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 5-6 tablespoons water , enough to make a thin glaze
- 1 teaspoon vanilla , optional
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Add chocolate chips & mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, vanilla & 1/2 cup of milk. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until it holds together. (if it’s dry you can add a little bit of additional milk)
- Flour your surface very well and roll/pat the dough into an 8″x8″ square. Using a pizza cutter (or a knife) cut the dough into 2″ squares (16 squares) and then cut each square diagonally.
- Place scones in the freezer for 30 minutes while preheating the oven to 425°F
- Bake on parchment paper for 18 to 20 minutes, or until they’re golden brown.
- Optional: When the scones are cool, cut each in half (you will have 64 mini scones)
- Stir together sugar, water, and vanilla.
- Pour the glaze over each scone and smooth with a pastry brush, let glaze set on a wire rack
This original version of this recipe was found at King Arthur Flour!