These Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Amaretto combine the rich fall flavors of pumpkin and almonds laced throughout a rich cheesecake over a sweet graham cracker crust.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Well, now that Fall is officially here according to the calendar, I guess there’s no sense in denying it anymore, and it’s time to move on from Banana Split Poke Cakes and onto all the deliciousness that is fall flavors! And by fall flavors I’m talking about apples, cinnamon, chai, pumpkin, and nuts, and I’m sure there are many many more. Oh, like sweet potato, sweet potato desserts are the best! I’m not kidding, so so good!
Well, these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Amaretto are loaded with fall flavor. A lot of pumpkin, a little almond, and a touch of cinnamon on top of a buttery graham cracker crust and topped with a dollop of whipped cream. Oh, and of course, a whole lot of cream cheese! Even cheesecake haters will love these delightfully easy pumpkin bars! I know because I’m one of them!
Why Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars?
I know there are a million pumpkin recipes out there, so you’re wondering why you should choose this one?
- Well, first of all, these pumpkin cheesecake bars are easy to make. The prep work is minimal and most of the recipe time is for cooling and chilling. So sure, you have to stick around the house a bit, but there’s no reason you can’t squeeze in a few episodes of Gilmore Girls while you wait for these easy pumpkin bars to set.
- Second, I love that these pumpkin cheesecake bars with amaretto are neither overly pumpkiny or creamy cheesy. The amaretto and almond extract help to really balance these two rich flavors. A touch of spices brings it right over the edge into the cozy territory and the whipped cream is a smooth soft finish to what might otherwise be a heavy dessert.
- Lastly, as opposed to a traditional cheesecake, these pumpkin cheesecake bars don’t require a water bath and still bake up with a perfectly even top layer (no cracking here), and since they’re made in a 9×13-inch pan, they’re easy enough to slice up and serve at a party!
More Easy Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Frosted Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Amaretto
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto Liqueur
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened (do not use reduced-fat)
- 1 ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto Liqueur
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°F and line a 9 x 13-inch pan with parchment paper, allowing the excess to come up and over the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Remove from the microwave and stir in the remaining crust ingredients, mixing until evenly blended.
- Pour crust mixture into the prepared pan and evenly press into the bottom of the pan with your hands.
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, add the cream cheese to a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Mix in the pumpkin, brown sugar, flour, extracts, and spices and beat on medium-high for about 1-minute until fully combined, make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing just until combined between each addition. The mixture should be smooth.
- Pour filling mixture over the baked crust and return to the oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 2 hours, then transfer to the fridge to cool for at least another 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, make and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
- Chill bowl and beater attachments (whisk) in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and add cream and vanilla to the bowl, place sugar close by.
- Begin beating/stirring on low for about 2 minutes until you get a nice foam going.
- Increase the speed to medium.
- Add the sugar a tablespoon at a time at the 3, 4, 5-minute marks.
- If using a stand mixer, scrape down sides of the bowl at the 4-minute mark.
- Beat for one to two minute after the last addition of sugar or until soft peaks form.
- Do not over beat, we're making whipped cream, not butter here.
- Top your desserts and drinks with it and enjoy!
- Store covered in the fridge for up to two hours.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Made this for Christmas dinner dessert. I baked assembled dessert as directed, 30-35 minutes at 300°. At 35 minutes, the dessert was still liquidy, and I ended up baking for an additional 25+ minutes. Was my oven temperature incorrect? Next time I will make sure my oven’s temperature is correct. Definitely making again.
Oh no! How disappointing Peggy. Did you use store brand, low fat, or spreadable cream cheese? Those can cause it to remain liquidy. You want to bake until the bars are just set as they will continue to firm as they cool. I hope this helps!
These sound so good. I am wondering what I can substitute for the amaretto. I know it plays an important part in the flavor, but…….
You can leave out the Amaretto Peggy, but it will change the flavor. I haven’t tried it without so I can’t say for sure, but there are lots of other spices so I think it will still be delicious Peggy!
Rebecca, these look AMAZING! I wish I had one for dessert tonight! I’ll have to try the recipe.
I agree Andi, I could eat the whole pan myself!!