This Easy Snickerdoodles recipe is quick to make and loaded with cinnamon sugar flavor! This easy homemade cookie recipe contains no shortening.
With a crisp outside and a soft and chewy middle, these snickerdoodles are one of our favorites! This easy recipe is made without shortening for a deliciously buttery flavor.
One thing that makes snickerdoodles unique is the addition of cream of tartar. Cream of tartar is actually a byproduct of wine production and adds a subtle tart flavor to these delicious cookies! You can find it online at Amazon or in the baking or spice aisle of most grocery stores.
If you’ve never had snickerdoodles, you’re going to want to add them to your must bake list! They taste like buttery cinnamon toast in a cookie form! Perfect for any time of year!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- With mixer on medium, combine sugar, butter and eggs. Stir in flour mixture.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar for topping in a small bowl. Divide dough into 32 pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.