Cherry cheesecake is delicious….one of my favorite desserts for sure! This is a fun twist on the usual no bake cheesecake and a great way to serve it to a crowd!
The shells of these dessert tacos are made from tortillas cut with a round cookie cutter and fried crisp and dusted with graham crumbs. If you prefer you can dip them in cinnamon sugar after frying (just like I did with my Apple Pie Tacos) or not dip them at all. The crumbs are yummy and taste great but they are a bit messy… I personally go for flavor and then sweep if I need to. :) They only take about 20 seconds each to make and can be made days ahead of time.
I topped mine with cherry pie filling but these can be topped with ANY topping you like! These are the most amazing no bake desserts I may have ever had!
Items you’ll need for this recipe
* Graham Crumbs * Flour Tortillas * Cream Cheese *
CHEESECAKE DESSERT TACOS!
- 6 large Flour Tortillas
- Oil for frying
- Graham crumbs optional, this makes it a bit messy but tastes great
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can pie filling any flavor
- Using a 3.5″ circle cutter, cut out circles from your tortillas. You should get about 5 from each tortilla. (You can use any size cutter but this was the perfect size for a 2-3 bite taco).
- Heat about 1 1/2″ of oil in a pan on the stove over medium heat. Use a little scrap of tortilla to put in the oil and make sure it’s good & bubbly.
- Using tongs, place one circle in the oil for about 5 seconds. Flip it over and fold it in half holding it folded for about 5 seconds or until browned. Flip over and fry the other side until crispy. Immediately remove from the oil giving it a little shake and place into the graham crumbs if using.
- Set on a pan to cool. You can leave these at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Cream together cream cheese and lemon juice until soft.
- Add whipping cream and beat on medium for 2 minutes. Add in sugar and vanilla then beat until stiff and fluffy. Place in a ziploc bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pipe cheesecake filling into each taco. Top with pie filling and serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Here are a few more recipes you’ll love