Cherry cheesecake is delicious….one of my favorite desserts for sure! This is a fun twist on the usual no bake cheesecake and a great way to serve it to a crowd!
The shells of these dessert tacos are made from tortillas cut with a round cookie cutter and fried crisp and dusted with graham crumbs. If you prefer you can dip them in cinnamon sugar after frying (just like I did with my Apple Pie Tacos) or not dip them at all. The crumbs are yummy and taste great but they are a bit messy… I personally go for flavor and then sweep if I need to. :) They only take about 20 seconds each to make and can be made days ahead of time.
I topped mine with cherry pie filling but these can be topped with ANY topping you like! These are the most amazing no bake desserts I may have ever had!
Items you’ll need for this recipe
* Graham Crumbs * Flour Tortillas * Cream Cheese *
CHEESECAKE DESSERT TACOS!
- 6 large Flour Tortillas
- Oil for frying
- Graham crumbs optional, this makes it a bit messy but tastes great
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can pie filling any flavor
- Using a 3.5″ circle cutter, cut out circles from your tortillas. You should get about 5 from each tortilla. (You can use any size cutter but this was the perfect size for a 2-3 bite taco).
- Heat about 1 1/2″ of oil in a pan on the stove over medium heat. Use a little scrap of tortilla to put in the oil and make sure it’s good & bubbly.
- Using tongs, place one circle in the oil for about 5 seconds. Flip it over and fold it in half holding it folded for about 5 seconds or until browned. Flip over and fry the other side until crispy. Immediately remove from the oil giving it a little shake and place into the graham crumbs if using.
- Set on a pan to cool. You can leave these at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Cream together cream cheese and lemon juice until soft.
- Add whipping cream and beat on medium for 2 minutes. Add in sugar and vanilla then beat until stiff and fluffy. Place in a ziploc bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pipe cheesecake filling into each taco. Top with pie filling and serve.
Here are a few more recipes you’ll love