This is an easy dinner that the whole family loves. I use a 1/2 a rotisserie chicken in this dish (and freeze the other half of the chicken in a Ziploc bag for next time!). Once the biscuits are browned, the dish is covered with foil and baked a little more to soften the biscuits and give it a moist texture.
Serve this up with a side salad for a yummy weeknight meal!
Skillet Chicken & Biscuits
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup each chopped celery & carrot
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can pillsbury biscuits (see note below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an ovenproof or cast iron skillet, cook onion in olive oil/butter over medium heat for about 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add carrot, celery and chicken broth. Let simmer about 4 minutes until veggies are slightly softened. In a bowl, combine chicken, cream of chicken soup and parsley. Stir into carrot mixture in the skillet.
- Cut each biscuit in half and place in skillet on top of chicken mixture. Bake 15 minutes, cover with foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm.