This is an easy dinner that the whole family loves. I use a ½ a rotisserie chicken in this dish (and freeze the other half of the chicken in a Ziploc bag for next time!). Once the biscuits are browned, the dish is covered with foil and baked a little more to soften the biscuits and give it a moist texture.
If you’d prefer, used homemade biscuits or buttermilk biscuits.
Serve this up with a side salad for a yummy weeknight meal!
Skillet Chicken & Biscuits
- ½ tablespoon butter or olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ¾ cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Pillsbury biscuit dough (see note below)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In an ovenproof or cast iron skillet, cook onion in olive oil/butter over medium heat for about 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add carrot, celery and chicken broth. Let simmer about 4 minutes until veggies are slightly softened. In a bowl, combine chicken, cream of chicken soup and parsley. Stir into carrot mixture in the skillet.
- Cut each biscuit in half and place in skillet on top of chicken mixture. Bake 15 minutes, cover with foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
I’m sad to see that this recipe was changed. I had a printed copy that has been lost and came here to print a new copy- does anyone have the old recipe that calls for condensed soup and refrigerated biscuits? guess I will test my memory lol
Here is the original Amanda!
½ tablespoon butter or olive oil
¼ cup chopped onion
¾ cup each chopped celery & carrot
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups cooked chopped chicken
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can Pillsbury biscuits (see note below)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In an ovenproof or cast iron skillet, cook onion in olive oil/butter over medium heat for about 4 minutes
or until softened.
3. Add carrot, celery, and chicken broth. Let simmer for about 4 minutes until veggies are slightly softened. In
a bowl, combine chicken, cream of chicken soup, and parsley. Stir into the carrot mixture in the skillet.
4. Cut each biscuit in half and place in a skillet on top of chicken mixture. Bake for 15 minutes; cover with foil
and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Pillsbury Biscuits can be purchased in the refrigerator section of most grocery stores (any variety will work
in this recipe). If you cannot find pillsbury biscuits, you can substitute homemade baking powder biscuits in
This is amazing! I tried it with Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix instead!
Looking forward to making some of these recipies
I had’nt tried any of these recipes but want to. They seem to be good nutrients and family hot meals.
We hope you and your family love them, Billie Jean!
So easy to make! So delicious!
I thought this was absolutely delicious. I did use an herbed flavored rotisserie chicken and “Immaculate” biscuits (sliced it horizontally).
Looks delicious and if you can’t boil water, you should be capable of making this, it’s clear and cut for Chicken and dumplings from Facebook
I hope you love the recipe when you try it Sandi!
When is the chicken actually cooked? Or do you add to the broth raw?
This recipe calls for cooked chicken. I usually make extra baked chicken breasts or shredded Crock Pot chicken.
Absolutely perfect! So easy, and we all loved it!
Cutting biscuits in half, does that mean horizontally, or vertically?
Vertically so the pieces are just a little bit smaller for serving.
Looks good! Did you use the Pillsbury Grands biscuits, or the smaller ones? Also, is that an 10 or 12 inch skillet?
I used the smaller biscuits and a 10″ skillet.
Just made this, followed the recipe exactly, and everyone thought it was a great weekday meal..best of all no leftovers..
I’m so glad you enjoyed it Rick! :)
I assume its a regular size can of cream of chicken soup is that correct?
What is the red thing in the picture? There isn’t anything red in the recipe.
There is nothing red in the recipe :) The only color I see is the orange carrots. Hope this helps.