This is an easy dinner that the whole family loves. I use a 1/2 a rotisserie chicken in this dish (and freeze the other half of the chicken in a Ziploc bag for next time!). Once the biscuits are browned, the dish is covered with foil and baked a little more to soften the biscuits and give it a moist texture.
Serve this up with a side salad for a yummy weeknight meal!
Skillet Chicken & Biscuits
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1/2 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup each chopped celery & carrot
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can pillsbury biscuits (see note below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an ovenproof or cast iron skillet, cook onion in olive oil/butter over medium heat for about 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add carrot, celery and chicken broth. Let simmer about 4 minutes until veggies are slightly softened. In a bowl, combine chicken, cream of chicken soup and parsley. Stir into carrot mixture in the skillet.
- Cut each biscuit in half and place in skillet on top of chicken mixture. Bake 15 minutes, cover with foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)