Blueberry crepes are a favorite breakfast and a great way to enjoy fresh summer berries!
Blueberries are everywhere these days! This recipe makes basic crepes that are filled with a combination of a quick homemade blueberry sauce and fresh blueberries. Top it all of with whipped cream for a breakfast treat or even dessert!
Best Blueberry Crepes
We adore this recipe because crepes are easy and these have a beautiful restaurant-style presentation.
They turn out light and fluffy every time and these cake-like crepes simply melt in your mouth!
Serve alone with a pat of butter, a squeeze of lemon juice and some powdered sugar. Or prepare a variety of fillings! We love to serve blueberry crepes with fruit kabobs and whipped cream! Why not serve a pitcher of mimosas alongside?
What are Crepes?
Crepes are a very thin delicate version of a pancake. They can be sweet or savory depending on the filling. The basic ingredients in crepes are flour, eggs, and milk.
How to Make Crepe Filling
This is the fun part! Crepes can be filled with a variety of sweet or savory ingredients.
- For savory crepes, a good base is cream cheese or ricotta cheese. Then mix in some diced veggies like bell peppers, mushrooms, or even shredded meat like chicken or salmon. Chopped bacon and scrambled eggs, ham and cheese, or spinach and cheese sauce are other tasty options.
- For sweet crepes fill them with cream cheese and a variety of fresh fruits like berries, bananas, or fruit preserves, chocolate sauce, Nutella, or even peanut butter! Top with whipped cream and a classy breakfast or dessert is ready to serve!
How to Make Blueberry Crepes
It’s as easy as 1-2-3 to make these fancy crepes!
- FILLING Prepare blueberry sauce (or use other berries) & set aside.
- BATTER Mix together the remaining ingredients in a blender.
- CREPES Melt some butter, pour batter into the pan & swirl, coating the bottom. Cook until the edges start to curl up.
How to Assemble Blueberry Crepes
Crepes are very delicate, but if they are wrapped and garnished properly they are absolutely gorgeous on the plate! Handle crepes when they are still a little warm and pliable. Cold crepes might tear when folding.
- Place crepe on a plate and spoon filling onto one corner. Add fresh blueberries and a bit of whipped cream.
- Gently fold crepes around the filling (or roll up if desired).
- Top with whipped cream.
Swap out blueberries for strawberry sauce (for sweet crepes) or hollandaise or mushroom sauce (for a savory crepe). Or use your own favorite toppings!
- When making crepes for a crowd, stack them between sheets of parchment paper and store in the refrigerator until they are ready to be reheated.
- Crepes can be frozen with this method as well.
- To reheat crepes, simply pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until they are heated through.
Best Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Burritos – freezer friendly
- Overnight Sausage Breakfast Casserole – great make-ahead meal
- French Toast – quick & easy
- Easy Quiche Recipe – with pre-made pie crust
- Perfectly Fluffy Pancakes – from scratch
Did you make these Blueberry Crepes? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 3 cups blueberries divided
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine 2 cups blueberries, sugar, water, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer while stirring and let cook 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, oil sugar and salt in a blender.
- Pulse until smooth, about 5 times.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat in a 6-inch skillet.
- Add 2 tablespoons crepe batter and quicky pick up the skillet and swirl to move the batter to the edges of pan.
- Cook until tiny bubbles on the top pop and the crepe is set.
- Remove and place on a plate. Repeat with remaining crepes.
- Place 3 crepes on a serving plate.
- Spoon blueberry sauce over crepes and top with whipped cream and remaining fresh blueberries. Fold or roll as desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!