This Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Ball recipe is easy to make and a hit at every party. A creamy base is loaded with crispy smoky bacon, spicy jalapenos and sharp cheddar for a perfect party snack.
Making a cheese ball recipe is easy and best when made ahead of time. This is perfect for any party!
Store Bought Just Does Not Compare
Cheese balls have been a classic appetizer at parties for as long as I can remember! I always tend to move towards the savory snacks at a party and cheese is at the top of my list.
If I see a cheese ball, you can pretty much guarantee I’m somewhere nearby with a glass of wine sneaking way more bites of cheese than I would care to admit. There’s just something so irresistible about that rich creamy cheese and with this recipe adding in crispy bacon and a little heat makes it totally irresistible!
Believe it or not, for years I bought cheese balls to serve at parties. I actually had no idea that they were so easy to make!
A Favorite Recipe Transformed
Jalapeno Popper Dip is one of the most popular recipes on my site (there’s a good reason it’s been pinned over a million times) so I decided to take those same delicious flavors and use them in this cheese ball recipe… and add some bacon. You’re welcome!
This is the perfect cheese ball recipe with a rich creamy base and lots of sharp cheddar to add that delicious cheesy flavor we all love. The canned jalapenos add a pop of spice while the bacon adds a smoky salty flavor.
Mixing & Storing
When making a homemade cheese ball, I mix the cream cheese and seasonings with a hand mixer until fluffy as I find this makes the best consistency and softens the cream cheese. Once you stir your other ingredients in, you’re going to wrap your cheese ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
At this point, you can actually leave this cheese ball in the fridge for up to 4 days making it the perfect choice for your weekday potluck! You’ll want to roll the cheese ball in the topping on the day of serving.
We serve this with crackers, crostini or fresh veggies as dippers!
Got Leftover Cheese Ball?
I love leftover cheese balls, they can be used for so many things! Of course you can freeze it and serve it again for another party.
I love to put the leftovers in a pan and melt them to add to Roasted Broccoli or pour over Grilled Asparagus. I also add a bit of heavy cream and melt the cheese ball down for super easy mac and cheese or pasta sauce!
More Cheesy Recipes
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip – So good and creamy!
- Hot Cheesy Philly Cheesesteak Dip
- Reuben Dip
- 5 Minute Taco Dip – Super quick!
- Cheesy Hamburger Dip – The best cheeseburger flavors!
- The BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip (video) – Reader Favorite!
Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons green onion finely sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped bacon
- 1/3 cup canned jalapenos diced
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped bacon
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely diced
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, paprika and Worcestershire sauce with a mixer until fluffy.
- Stir in cheese, bacon, green onion and jalapenos. Place mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a ball. Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Combine Panko bread crumbs and butter in a small pan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Combine all topping ingredients. Roll chilled cheese ball in topping pressing to stick.
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips or vegetables for dipping.