Avocado Dip is not only delicious, but it’s also super easy to make, packed with flavor and provides healthy fats. Simply blend together ripe, rich, creamy avocados, cilantro, and cumin with lime juice, it is perfect for summer!
Pick some avocados up at the farmer’s market or local supermarket and get creative! Don’t let this easy dip get away from your table this summer, it has SO many uses, you can’t help but serve it all the time! Serve with a plate of loaded nachos and a side of Pico de Gallo for a fun meal!
Healthy and Full of Flavor
This is one of my favorite homemade dips! Not only is it healthy and full of flavor, it just takes a couple of minutes to prepare. It’s the perfect topping for oven fajitas or tossed with crispy romaine, cucumbers, and croutons!
Avocados are a true superfood containing tons of nutrients, fiber and healthy fats! Here are just a few of the benefits of enjoying Avocados:
- May help lower cholesterol
- Packed with vitamins including potassium, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and vitamin B6
- Contain Fiber (keeps you feeling full)
- Tastes delicious
How to Make Avocado Dip
This avocado dip is similar to a homemade guacamole recipe. The difference is that my guacamole recipe is a bit chunky and contains other ingredients like tomatoes and onions while this dip is creamy and smooth.
- Peel and chop a ripe avocado. Add juice from a fresh lime (about ½ cup).
- Add chopped cilantro and cumin.
- Place in a blender and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
For avocado lime dressing add buttermilk or substitute with ‘soured milk’ if there’s no buttermilk on hand.
How Long Does Avocado Dip Last?
There’s no shortage of flavor in this avocado cilantro lime dip. Bright, tangy, and perfect over a mixed greens salad or even as a dip for crudités and crackers! As long as the dip is kept cold, a few quick stirs and a dash of salt will make this dip lasts a day or two… if it lasts that long at the table!
To Store: Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator. It can also be frozen in ice cube trays and popped out to add to a sauce or marinade with the addition of a little olive oil!
Delicious Homemade Dips
- 5 Minute Taco Dip – just 5 minutes prep!
- Easy Bean Dip – creamy dip full of flavor
- Beef Enchilada Dip – easy scoopable dip!
- Rotel Dip – only four ingredients
- Cheesy Beef Queso Dip – cheesy party dip!
- 1 Avocado ripe
- 1/2 fresh Lime juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- seasoning salt to taste
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk see note below for substitutions
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk see note below for substitution
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Adjust the amount of buttermilk to get desired consistency.