This is a quick Beef Queso Dip recipe, great for a crowd or last minute get together!
A quick and easy Velveeta queso dip loaded with beefy goodness. This shortcut recipe makes for an easy last minute dip!
Keep this appetizer recipe on hand since it needs just one pan and goes from stovetop to tabletop in less than 20 minutes!
Favorite Shortcut Queso
- This beef queso dip goes with anything, we especially love tortilla chips and taquitos for dipping.
- Beef queso dip is a great make-and-take appetizer and needs just one pan!
- Keep it warm in a mini Crockpot and serve with your fave dippables!
- Make ahead and store it in the refrigerator until it’s ready for reheating and serving!
- Keep it mild, or make it spicy by adding chopped green chiles, sliced jalapenos, or a jar of salsa!
- Beef queso dip does double duty as a topping for Hamburgers, hot dogs, or Easy Ground Beef Tacos! And don’t forget the nachos!
Ingredients & Variations
Beef queso dip has few ingredients, but room for so many more delicious add-ins!
BEEF Ground beef gives queso dip its hearty texture, but ground sausage will do as well! Going meat-free? No problem! Replace the ground beef with a can of drained black beans!
CHEESE Velveeta processed cheese was made for recipes like queso dip! It melts easily and has a bright, tangy flavor! If you don’t want to use Velveeta, swap it for cream cheese and add some extra sharp cheddar.
SALSA is great in this recipe but swap it for a can or Rotel tomatoes (including the juices).
EXTRAS Add in other ingredients like a can of drained corn, sliced jalapenos or black olives, or finely chopped zucchini or spinach!
How to Make Beef Queso Dip
It doesn’t get any easier than these simple steps:
- Cook and drain ground beef.
- Add remaining ingredients except for shredded cheese and stir until the dip is melted.
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese and optional milk (as per the recipe below). Serve warm with Jose Ole taquitos for dipping.
Crockpot Version: Brown the beef and add the remaining ingredients to a small Crockpot. Allow it to cook on low until it’s all melted and creamy and then switch it to warm.
How to Store Leftovers
Keep leftover beef queso dip in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Heat up small portions in the microwave and larger portions on the stovetop before serving.
More Mexican-Inspired Recipes
- Pico de Gallo – Easy and delicious!
- Mexican Corn Dip
- Rotel Dip
- Mango Margaritas – So refreshing!
- Easy Cheesy Nachos
Did you make this Beef Queso Dip? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Cheesy Beef Queso Dip
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 1 pound processed cheese cubed
- ¾ cup salsa
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup tex mex shredded cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons milk optional
- taquitos optional for servnig
- Cook Taquitos in the oven according to package directions.
- In a large pan, brown ground beef & onion until no pink remains. Drain.
- Add processed cheese, salsa, cumin & chili powder and reduce temperature to low. Stir until smooth and melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheddar cheese and milk (optional).
- Serve warm with taquitos for dipping.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jose Ole. The opinions and text are all mine.