Pineapple Angel Food Cake is a foolproof recipe that’s ready to serve in minutes and is the ultimate dessert for any occasion!
There are only 2 ingredients in this cake (plus toppings if you’d like) and the result is moist and fluffy. It’s light and delicious with a slightly sweet pineapple flavor and it’s perfect for topping with fruit.
This is a dessert I keep up my sleeve when I need something super easy and light. Everyone raves about it. It’s naturally fat free, perfect to top with summer fruits.
Pineapple Angel Food Cake
- Made with only 2 ingredients, this cake is always ready for a celebration!
- The ‘frosting’ is just a quick layer of cool whip topping or homemade whipped cream!
- This simple recipe could not be easier to make. Just stir 2 ingredients together and bake! No additional eggs or ingredients are required.
- Light, fluffy, and delicious with a light pineapple flavor, this cake can be made and the day before. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve!
- Delicious and guilt-free if you are following Weight Watchers or watching your calories, pineapple angel food cake has fewer calories and less sugar than most cake recipes.
Ingredients for Pineapple Angel Food Cake
Angel Food Cake – Any box of angel food cake mix will work but make sure you select the box that’s just one package (16 oz) instead of two.
Pineapple – Use a can of crushed pineapple with juices, and skip the other ingredients mentioned on the box. The pineapple juice is what makes this cake so moist.
How to Make Pineapple Angel Food Cake
There won’t be much waiting around for this dessert to be ready!
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the prepared cake batter into a prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
We most often bake this in a 9×13 pan but it can be baked in an ungreased angel food cake pan or tube pan for 40-45 minutes. A bundt pan is not recommended as it will be hard to remove.
Cool the cake completely before adding toppings. Add a dollop of whipped topping (like Cool Whip) to make it easy or whip up a batch of homemade whipped cream or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This pineapple angel food cake can be topped with fruit like fresh berries, peaches, or mango. It’s also great sprinkled with shredded coconut.
How to Store
Once baked, this pineapple angel food cake recipe can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze the whole cooled cake by wrapping it in plastic wrap for up to 4 weeks and thaw before frosting. Or, freeze leftover frosted pieces on a baking sheet until they are frozen solid then wrap them in plastic and return to the freezer.
More Tropical Treats!
Did your family love this Pineapple Angel Food Cake? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
2 Ingredient Pineapple Angel Food Cake
- 1 box angel food cake mix *, 16 ounces
- 20 ounces crushed pineapples with juice
- 1 tub whipped topping optional
- fruit optional for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper. (optional)
- In a large bowl combine cake mix and undrained crushed pineapple. Pour into the prepared pan and bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Remove cake from the pan and cut. Garnish with whipped topping and fruit as desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.