This is the most delicious snack cake filled with tropical flavors of lime, coconut, banana and pineapple!
The banana and crushed pineapple in this recipe make this cake extra moist!! This is definitely our favorite way to use up overripe bananas!!
Things you’ll need to make this recipe
Tropical Banana Snack Cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 lime
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 small bananas , mashed
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup oil
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed
- 4 oz cream cheese , softened
- 2 oz butter , softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 lime , zested & juiced
- In a small bowl combine flour, lime zest, baking soda, baking powder, coconut, pecans & a pinch of salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together bananas, pineapple, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, oil and 1 teaspoon of lime juice.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients just until combined (do not overmix). Pour into prepared pan and bake 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- With mixer on medium low, cream together cream cheese and butter. Add in lime zest and 1 teaspoon lime juice. Mix in powdered sugar a bit at a time until incorporated. Beat on medium until fluffy.
- Spread over cooled snack caked and cut into 12 bars.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)