This is definitely my husband’s favorite potato salad… and I really like it because it contains way less mayo compared to most recipes! I used light sour cream and it worked perfectly!
While this can be quickly made and served right before eating, it also tastes fantastic cold if you make it ahead of time!
Warm Bacon Cheddar Potato Salad
- 7 cups baby potatoes skin on, chopped in half
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves fresh, chopped
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups celery chopped
- 4 eggs hard boiled, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 slices bacon cooked crisp, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except the potatoes. Set aside.
- Boil the potatoes until tender (approx. 10 to 15 minutes). Drain the potatoes and let sit until just warm.
- Combine warm potatoes with sour cream mixture and serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Inspired by The Lady’s Warm Potato Salad