This Ham Pasta Salad is loaded with pineapple and veggies. It is a refreshing play on my favorite Hawaiian Pizza flavors (which is not actually a Hawaiian dish at all)!
A quick and easy homemade pineapple dressing is tossed with pasta, ham, and bell peppers for a uniquely delicious side dish!
A Fresh and Flavorful Pasta Salad
If you are looking for a pasta salad that’s a little bit different, this ham pasta salad is it! In this easy recipe, pasta, ham, pineapple, and red peppers are the perfect combination of flavors. If you love Hawaiian pizza, you’ll love this recipe too!
The dressing is a quick creamy pineapple dressing and it’s so good that I always double it for salads (it’s excellent over strawberry spinach salad too).
The inspiration for this dish comes from the ingredients served on my favorite Hawaiian Pizza and they are not typical ingredients paired together in a traditional Hawaiian dish.
This recipe is not a Hawaiian dish and it is not like a Macaroni Salad found on a typical Hawaiian Plate Lunch. A Hawaiian plate lunch generally macaroni salad is a tangy combination of mayo & macaroni sometimes with a few other ingredients. You can find a great Hawaiian macaroni salad here.
You can use almost any dressing on pasta salad. This recipe includes a fresh and zesty pineapple dressing.
Making homemade dressing is actually very quick and easy and the flavor is much better than store bought dressing. If you’d like to use a bottled dressing for this pasta salad, I would suggest a honey dijon or poppy seed dressing. Something with a bit of sweetness will pair well.
Tips for Pasta Salads
- Don’t overcook the pasta, it will soften as it soaks up dressing.
- Add lots of dressing as some will be absorbed by the pasta.
- Pasta salad is best made at least a couple of hours ahead of time so the flavors have a chance to blend.
- Season the salad generously.
More Pasta Salads We Love
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Summer Pasta Salad
- Chicken Pasta Salad
- Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- Creamy Tuna Pasta Salad
Ham & Pineapple Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces rotini or bow tie pasta
- 1 can pineapple tidbits (14 ounces) with juice reserved for dressing
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise or dressing
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss with dressing. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- Store refrigerated up to 5 days.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!