This Ham Pasta Salad is loaded with pineapple and veggies. It is a refreshing play on my favorite Hawaiian Pizza flavors (which is not actually a Hawaiian dish at all)!
A quick and easy homemade pineapple dressing is tossed with pasta, ham and bell peppers for a uniquely delicious side dish!
If you are looking for a pasta salad that’s a little bit different, this ham pasta salad is it!
In this easy recipe, pasta, ham, pineapple and red peppers are the perfect combination of flavors. If you love Hawaiian Pizza, you’ll love this recipe too!
The dressing is a quick creamy pineapple dressing and it’s so good that I always double it for salads (it’s excellent over strawberry spinach salad too).
The inspiration for this dish comes from the ingredients served on my favorite Hawaiian Pizza and they are not typical ingredients paired together in a traditional Hawaiian dish.
This recipe is not a Hawaiian dish and it is not like a Macaroni Salad found on a typical Hawaiian Plate Lunch. A Hawaiian plate lunch generally macaroni salad is a tangy combination of mayo & macaroni sometimes with a few other ingredients. You can find a great Hawaiian macaroni salad here.
Ham Pasta Salad with Pineapple
- 8 ounces rotini or bow tie pasta
- 1 (14 ounces) can pineapple tidbits juice reserved for dressing
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise or dressing
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl gently toss with dressing. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- Store refrigerated up to 5 days.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)