Deviled Egg Potato Salad is a delicious combination of two classic favorites! Potatoes and deviled eggs in a creamy dressing make the perfect comforting side dish!
This easy Southern favorite is a creamy salad with just a few simple ingredients and heaps of flavor!
Everyone swears that their version of potato salad is the best and there are definitely zillions of different recipes out there. From a dill pickle potato salad to a German potato salad topped with extra bacon! I mean, who doesn’t love a potato salad at a party, potluck, or barbecue?
The Best Potatoes for Potato Salad
For a traditional potato salad recipe, yellow potatoes (also called Yukons or Yukon Golds) are my top pick! They are lower in starch and have a slightly buttery flavor. Yellow potatoes stay firmer longer once they are cooked and cooled.
How to Make Deviled Egg Potato Salad
This dish tastes like part potato salad and part deviled eggs.
- Dice and boil potatoes. Drain and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing.
- Toss ingredients together and stir in the mayo/mustard mixture.
Season with salt and pepper. Right before serving, sprinkle a little paprika over the top for a pop of color! How perfect!
Optional add-ins: Bacon, dill pickles, red onions, pimentos, chives, sweet pickles.
How Far in Advance to Make Potato Salad
Potato salad can be made a full day ahead as long as it is kept in the refrigerator. As with any mayonnaise-based dish from a classic macaroni salad to an egg salad, keep it cold as possible (and never in ths sun). If you are serving deviled egg potato salad on a buffet, place the bowl of salad in another bowl (or casserole dish) with ice in it to keep it cold.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To refresh it, simply give it a good stir and add a little extra salt and pepper!
More Perfect Potato Salads
- Southern Potato Salad – creamy & delicious classic!
- Sweet Potato Salad – full of color & flavor
- Warm Potato Salad – with oven-roasted potatoes!
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Salad – serve warm or cold!
- Creamy Dill Potato Salad – easy to make ahead
Deviled Egg Potato Salad
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 6 hard boiled eggs diced
- 2 tablespoon sweet onion minced, or 2 green onions
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- Add potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook just until fork tender.
- Drain and let the potatoes cool while you put together the rest of the salad.
- In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, onion, celery, and cooled potatoes.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and stir to combine. Taste and season with the desired amount of salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle the top with paprika and serve!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)