Deviled Egg Potato Salad is a delicious combination of two classic favorites and perfect for potlucks or barbecues!
Potatoes and deviled eggs come together in this salad tossed in a quick creamy dressing with just a little tang!
This easy Southern favorite is a creamy salad with just a few simple ingredients and heaps of flavor! Best of all, it’s made ahead of time.
A Perfect Potato Salad
There are countless versions of potato salad and this one is at the top of our list. If you like deviled eggs, you’ll love this recipe too. This varies from our Southern potato salad as it has a higher ratio of eggs.
- Simple ingredients come together for a creamy potato salad full of flavor.
- This version is jam-packed with lots of boiled eggs.
- It’s an inexpensive side dish and great to feed a crowd (this recipe can be doubled or tripled).
- This recipe is best made ahead and will last 4 days in the fridge.
How to Make Deviled Egg Potato Salad
This dish is the perfect combination of a potato salad recipe and the simple flavor of deviled eggs.
- Cook Eggs: Boil the eggs according to your favorite method (I love air fryer eggs, so easy).
- Cook Potatoes: Dice and boil potatoes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Prep Dressing: In a small bowl, mix the dressing (adding in some of the mashed egg yolks).
- Combine: Toss ingredients together and stir in the mayo/mustard mixture.
Season with salt and pepper. Right before serving, sprinkle a little paprika over the top for a pop of color! How perfect!
Optional add-ins: Bacon, dill pickles, red onions, pimentos, chives, sweet pickle relish, fresh herbs, or parsley.
Make Ahead & Leftovers
This Deviled Egg Potato Salad recipe can be made ahead of time as long as it is kept in the refrigerator. As with any mayonnaise-based dishes (like macaroni salad or egg salad), keep it cold as possible (and out of the sun).
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To refresh it, simply give it a good stir and add a little extra salt and pepper! Potato salad does not freeze well.
More Summer Salads We Love
Deviled Egg Potato Salad
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons sweet onion minced, or 2 green onions
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- Add potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook just until fork tender.
- Drain and let the potatoes cool while you put together the rest of the salad.
- In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Cut 3 of the eggs in half and mash the yolks with a fork until smooth. Add the mashed yolks to the dressing. Chop the egg whites and the remaining eggs.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the chopped eggs, onion, celery, and cooled potatoes.
- Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the top with paprika and serve!
- Air Fryer (favorite method)
- Instant Pot
– Place eggs in a saucepan and cover water ½″ above the eggs.
– Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once boiling, cover and remove from heat.
– Let stand covered for 15-17 minutes (for large eggs).
– Remove from hot water and place in a bowl of ice water or run under cold water for 5 minutes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!