Stuffed mushrooms are loaded with flavor! They have a simple filling topped with cheese and baked in the oven until bubbly! This Stuffed Mushroom recipe literally could not be any easier.
You’ll need just THREE INGREDIENTS and about 5 minutes of prep to get these babies in the oven!
What goes in Stuffed Mushrooms?
Sometimes when I’m in a hurry, I make these easy stuffed mushrooms. Simply fill them with salsa, top with cheese and bake. It couldn’t be easier.
What kind of salsa to use
I generally use a medium store bought salsa (and pre-shredded cheese) to make these crazy easy. You can certainly use Homemade Salsa or hot salsa if you prefer. I don’t recommend a fresh pico de gallo for this recipe as the tomatoes have too much water.
These little mushrooms are so good, they almost taste like little pizza bites (without any effort).
How to Make Stuffed Mushrooms
This recipe is definitely the easiest that I’ve ever made. Mushroom caps are hollowed out and simply filled with a spoonful of salsa. I top them with a little bit of pre-shredded cheese and bake until golden and bubbly. Seriously that easy.
- WASH MUSHROOMS To prepare the mushrooms, I gently wipe them with a damp cloth and remove the stems.
- REMOVE CORE I use a tomato corer to scoop out a little bit of the flesh (yep, more filling). It’s actually a handy little tool for under $5 that can core tomatoes (obviously), hull strawberries, pick out spots on potatoes etc.
- FILL the mushrooms with salsa, top with cheese and bake.
As for those mushroom stems, you don’t need them in this recipe but keep them. A little mushroom stem recipe I use is to chop them, fry them up with garlic butter, add a touch of heavy cream and a pinch of thyme and put them on toast or crackers. Yum right? Or freeze them and toss them into your next soup.
- The BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip Tender chicken breast, buffalo sauce and loads of creamy cheese!
- Easy Cocktail Meatballs The ingredients may seem CRAZY but trust me, these are amazing!
- Jalapeno Popper Dip This is the top appetizer on my site (and our personal favorite) for good reason! Creamy, cheese and delish!!
- 4 Ingredient Dill Pickle Dip Just 4 ingredients and 5 minutes, the perfect dipper for chips and veggies
- Baked Buffalo Wings – easy oven baked perfection! Everyone loves these.
- Pepperoni Pizza Popcorn – the perfect game day snack!
- Grape Jelly Meatballs – family favorite, keep warm in the slow cooker for a party favorite!
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms – delicious, full of sausage and cheese, and loved by everyone!
This baked stuffed mushroom recipe is super easy party appetizer! They’re naturally low carb and the perfect addition to your party if you’re looking for vegetarian mushroom caps (although meat lovers love them too)!
While these stuffed mushrooms are the perfect appetizer, they are also a favorite mushroom side dish to accompany chicken or steak! Often I will make steak and salad and just throw a dish of these in the oven!
Easy Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 medium-small mushrooms
- ⅓ cup salsa mild, medium, or hot
- ½ cup cheese shredded, cheddar or other cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Clean mushrooms thoroughly and remove stems.
- Using a tomato huller or small spoon, remove a little bit of the inside flesh of the mushroom.
- Fill mushrooms with Salsa and top with cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.