Bacon Double Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms are hands down my favorite stuffed mushroom recipe!
I had a hankering for a cheeseburger… but I had some mushrooms that need to be eaten. I absolutely love mushrooms on my burgers so I knew this would be delicious and I was right! Juicy mushrooms stuffed a a seasoned beef and bacon filling, topped with cheese and baked until hot & bubbly.
I use a large white mushroom but you can use any kind of mushroom making these the perfect snack or meal. Pile the filling high on a portobello and top it with your favorite cheeses for a quick and easy weeknight meal! When filling the mushrooms, pile the beef mixture really high and top with cheese!
This stuffed mushrooms recipe is definitely not like most you’ll find, but it is quite possibly the best! It’s easy to make, and what is better than cheese with bacon?!
Note: This recipe makes 15 med-large mushrooms… it can easily be doubled to feed a crowd! Enjoy!
Items you’ll need for this recipe
* Mushrooms * Baking Sheet * Bacon *
BACON DOUBLE CHEESEBUGER STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3 slices of bacon I cheat and use “ready cooked”
- 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 15 medium to large mushrooms
- 1/4 cup each cheddar & mozzarella cheese or 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels, crumble & set aside.
- In a pan, brown ground beef, onion & garlic powder until beef is cooked through. Drain any remaining juices.
- Meanwhile, pull the core out of the mushrooms & discard… I use my strawberry/tomato huller to scrape out a little bit more of the mushrooms.
- Stir cream cheese into the beef until melted. Add ketchup, mustard, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, crumbled bacon and stir until combined.
- On a foil lined pan, fill each mushroom with the beef mixture. Don’t be afraid to pile it up high… it’s yummy!
- Top with remaining cheese and bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and mushrooms are cooked.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)