Spinach Salad Dressing is zesty and delicious, a perfect blend for a spinach salad.
A handful of ingredients you likely have (oil, vinegar, a bit of mustard) and a quick shake is all you need! Serve with bacon crumbles or change it up to match whatever fruits and veggies are on the menu!
A Favorite Dressing
We love this vinaigrette salad dressing because the flavors are extra zesty!
OIL Choose a light flavored oil such as vegetable or canola oil.
VINEGAR Red wine vinegar is our favorite flavor but white wine vinegar works too.
HONEY Sub out sugar (or even real maple syrup if it’s all you have).
DIJON Mustard adds flavor but also helps emulsify the dressing (along with honey) so the oil and vinegar don’t separate.
This dressing will keep 2 to 3 days in the fridge.
Mix-Ins for Spinach Salad
Spinach leaves are thick and heavy enough to be prepared with a wide variety of mix-ins. Here is a list of favorites!
- Veggies: Avocados, Onions, Mushrooms
- Bold Flavors: Feta cheese, Nuts, Goat Cheese, Bacon, Egg
- Fruit: Mandarin orange segments, Slices of apple, Dried cranberries
PRO TIP: Toast nuts in a small pan before adding them to any recipe for an extra flavor boost!
How to Make Spinach Salad Dressing
Just a couple of easy steps are all it takes to get perfect spinach salad dressing.
- Combine in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake and let the dressing sit at least 1 hour before serving.
Toss spinach leaves with sliced hard-boiled eggs, bacon, mushrooms, green onions, and croutons in a serving bowl.
Keep spinach dressing refrigerated in a mason jar for 2-3 days. Just shake and serve! If stored longer, there is a risk that the garlic, which has extremely low acidity, may produce botulism, a serious toxin, and this is not a risk worth taking.
More Favorite Dressings
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Peanut Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Italian Dressing
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
Did you love this Spinach Salad Dressing? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Spinach Salad Dressing
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 8 cups spinach
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions sliced
- 2-3 fresh mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese optional
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small jar with a lid. Shake well to combine and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Toss dressing with spinach just before serving.
- Add remaining ingredients on top of salad. Serve immediately.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)