Smoked salmon dip is light, savory, and the perfect complement to chips, crackers, or vegetables!
Looking for an easy but elegant recipe for a cold spread or dip? Smoked salmon dip is the answer.
Why We Love this Dip
This dip has all the flavor! It’s smoky, creamy, and full of fresh herbs!
It’s such an easy dip to make! A handful of ingredients, a food processor, and Smoked Salmon Dip is ready in 10 minutes!
BASE Cream cheese and sour cream are what makes this dip so creamy! Plain Greek yogurt can be used instead of sour cream if that’s what you have.
SALMON Smoked salmon is pulsed into the dairy mixture. You will have little bits of smoked salmon in every bite. Be sure to add it at the end and just pulse once or twice.
SEASONING Green onions, capers, fresh lemon zest, and fresh dill all blend together with the cream cheese and salmon to create the perfect dip!
How to Make Smoked Salmon Dip
It’s a quick and easy treat, perfect for weekends or even a casual night at home.
- Pulse everything but the smoked salmon in a food processor until thoroughly mixed.
- Add chunks of smoked salmon and pulse until the salmon is finely chopped and incorporated into the cream cheese mixture.
- Season with salt and serve with crackers, veggies, or crostini.
- Squeeze leftovers into mushroom caps and bake for a new appetizer!
- Leftover Smoked Salmon Dip can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Confetti Corn Dip – creamy & cheesy
- Easy Tzatziki Sauce (Yogurt Cucumber Dip) – light & healthy
- Sausage Cheese Dip – great for game day
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip – a fan favorite
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip – perfect for potlucks
- French Onion Dip – for veggies or chips
Did you love this Smoked Salmon Dip? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Smoked Salmon Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill minced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- Kosher salt to taste
- In a food processor add cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, capers, horseradish, lemon zest, dill, and hot sauce.
- Process until blended and mostly smooth. If there are some chunks from the capers that is ok.
- Scrape down the sides and add in the smoked salmon.
- Pulse the mixture together until the salmon is finely chopped and incorporated into the dip.
- Taste and season with kosher salt if needed.
- Serve with crackers, veggies, or toasted bread.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.