Bagel Chips are the perfect dipper or snack! Crispy, crunchy and ready in less than 20 minutes with just 3 simple ingredients!
How to Make Bagel Chips
This recipe is so simple to make with just 3 easy steps!
- Slice a bagel in half and then cut into 1/8” strips (or as thin as you can).
- Brush with olive oil. Season with salt if desired.
- Bake until browned and crisp.
If you are using unseasoned bagels, then this is your time to shine! Bust out whatever herb or spice or seasoning you have in your cupboard and sprinkle a little (or a lot!) on!
- BBQ seasoning
- Montreal Steak seasoning
- For a sweet treat, sprinkle on some homemade cinnamon sugar (1:1 cinnamon and sugar) on plain bagels.
- Try homemade everything bagel seasoningon plain or cheese bagels
What to Eat With Bagel Chips
There really is no limit on the delicious ways to enjoy homemade bagel chips!
- In Soup: try in place of crackers in ham and potato soup, or in a fresh tomato soup!
- Creamy Dips: Cream Cheese Dip, French Onion Dip, or Spinach Dip.
- Chunky Dips: Guacamole, Cowboy Caviar, or Pico de Gallo.
How to Store Them
Store bagel chips just like regular chips or crackers, always in a sealed bag or container to keep them from absorbing other odors or getting stale.
If storing in a zippered bag, be sure to label it!
How Long Do They Last
As long as they are kept in an airtight container or a zippered bag, homemade bagel chips can last up to 2 weeks before they start to get stale.
To Refresh: If stale, refresh by placing on a plate next to a wet paper towel in the microwave. Turn the microwave on high about 30 seconds. The moisture will soften them perfectly!
Homemade Bagel Chips
- 2 bagels seasoned or unseasoned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt optional if using seasoned bagels
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice a bagel in half and then slice each half into ⅛" strips.
- Spread bagel slices on a baking sheet and brush with oil. If using unseasoned bagels sprinkle with salt or other seasonings as desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!