My kiddos love these… and who am I kidding? So do I!
These are a super fun project to make at home with the kids and they are delicious! You can make these in any shape you like using cookie cutters. Perfect to pack along in a lunch bag!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp cold Butter cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp Shortening
- 1 tsp Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Ice Cold Water
- With a mixer in medium, combine cheese, butter, shortening and salt. Add in flour and mix on low (the dough will be dry). Add the water in a slow stream just until dough forms a ball (you don't want it wet). Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a well floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin square (less than 1/8"). With a pastry wheel, cut into 1" squares and use a skewer or toothpick to poke a hole in the center of each.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light brown at the edges. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)