My kiddos love these… and who am I kidding? So do I!
These are a super fun project to make at home with the kids and they are delicious! You can make these in any shape you like using cookie cutters. Perfect to pack along in a lunch bag!
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter cold, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons ice cold water
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- With a mixer in medium, combine cheese, butter, shortening and salt. Add in flour and paprkia and mix on low (the dough will be dry). Add the water in a slow stream just until dough forms a ball (you don't want it wet). Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a well floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin square (less than ⅛"). With a pastry wheel, cut into 1" squares and use a skewer or toothpick to poke a hole in the center of each.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light brown at the edges. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!