Crockpots are great for slow cooking soups and stews and this turkey vegetable soup is no exception!
This homemade recipe can use either leftover turkey, ground turkey or even chicken. It’s easy, healthy, and affordable!
Easy Slow Cooker Soups
Nothing says comfort like a savory, warming soup.
It’s easy to put together because the recipe allows for adjustments.
Use what you have and let it slow cook all day long!
Ingredients & Variations
This recipe is full of veggies! Potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, corn, & peas are all added to this soup. Try adding zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, or even kale, whatever you have on hand!
Poultry seasoning, basil, and parsley simmer with the turkey & veggies until flavors meld. The combination is perfect, but feel free to add other spices for a fun twist. Garlic powder, bay leaves, rosemary, or thyme would all taste great!
Want this recipe to stretch even further? Try adding some pasta or rice to make this soup even heartier! (You might have to add more broth if adding pasta or rice to your soup.)
How to Make Turkey Vegetable Soup in the Slow Cooker
Just a few simple steps and a comforting soup will be simmering away in the Crockpot!
- Saute onion in butter and place on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook according to the recipe below until potatoes are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- The frozen veggies should be defrosted and drained before adding to the soup otherwise it will slow down the cooking time and make the soup watery. Just run them under hot water for a minute or so.
- If only fresh or frozen turkey is available, pan cook the meat in a skillet with a bit of the broth. After cooking add it to the soup.
- Cut the celery and potatoes evenly so they cook at the same rate.
Fridge: Once the soup is cooled enough, put the soup in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days. Most leftover soups can easily be refreshed by adding new vegetables and seasonings. Salt and pepper, a little of this and that, and serve!
Freezer: Ladle the soup into zippered bags and write the date on the outside. Lay the bags flat in the freezer and once frozen, stack them up like books to save space. They should last about two months.
- White Bean Soup – so versatile
- Crockpot Potato and Sausage Soup – budget-friendly
- Mushroom Barley Soup – a one-pot meal
- Taco Soup Recipe – only 30 minutes to make
- 20 Minute Broccoli Cheese Soup – a family favorite
Did your family love this Slow Cooker Turkey Vegetable Soup? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Slow Cooker Turkey Vegetable Soup
- ½ onion diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups turkey broth or chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken
- 14.5 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 2 ribs celery sliced
- ½ cup frozen corn defrosted & drained
- ½ cup frozen peas defrosted & drained
- 1 small potato peeled and cut into ½ " cubes
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley chopped
- Cook onion in butter over medium heat until it starts to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Place in the bottom of a 6qt slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients (except parsley) and cook on low 7-8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in parsley and serve.