This classically simple Alphabet Soup Recipe is a favorite for kids, but hearty (and delicious) enough for everyone!
Nothing is more comforting than a cozy bowl of homemade soup. This fun version is perfect for dipping bread or crumbling crackers. It’s great for those cool fall evenings and reheats well for lunches.
As Easy as ABC
- An easy go-to soup, perfect for kid sick days and lunches.
- It’s a mix-and-match meal. Make it beef, chicken, or vegetable broth. Add leftover meats and veggies.
- A super fun soup that keeps kids engaged, trying to find all the pasta letters, while they enjoy a healthy meal.
- Serve with a Grilled Cheese Sandwich or some Rainbow Fruit Kabobs.
Ingredients for Alphabet Soup
PASTA: Alphabet noodles are what make this soup so fun! Find alphabet pasta with the other pastas in the supermarket or online here. If you can’t find them, use other mini pasta or even orzo.
VEGGIES: Sautéed carrots, onion, & celery are added to broth along with a can of tomatoes and potatoes. For a shortcut, you can use frozen veggies.
SEASONINGS: Garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, & pepper are mixed with the veggies, broth, & pasta for the perfect flavor combination!
This soup is perfect for adding extra meat or veggies or mini meatballs. Add a bag of frozen vegetable medley, & some parmesan cheese.
How to Make Alphabet Soup
- Sauté vegetables with garlic until soft & fragrant.
- Add broth, tomatoes, potato, & seasonings.
- Simmer with alphabet pasta until tender.
For best results, Alphabet Soup will keep in the refrigerator for about 4 days. Simply reheat on the stovetop. Freeze soup after it’s been cooled in zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside. It will freeze for up to 4 weeks.
Family Favorite Soups
- Homemade Wonton Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup – classic
- Split Pea Soup
- Cauliflower Potato Soup – perfect for a weeknight meal
- Homemade Tomato Soup (Fresh Tomatoes)
- Turkey Soup
- Creamy Potato Bacon Soup – flavorful comfort food
- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Mac and Cheese Soup
Did your family love this Alphabet Soup? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy Alphabet Soup
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- ½ onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 cups beef broth reduced sodium
- 1 cup water
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 potato diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup alphabet noodles uncooked
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute carrots, celery, onion, and garlic until onion begins to soften.
- Add broth, water, tomatoes, tomato paste, potato, and seasonings. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add alphabet noodles and cook for 7-8 minutes or until noodles are cooked al dente.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!