I love burritos… and tacos, enchiladas, nachos … ok all Mexican! It’s even better when most of it cooks up in the slow cooker all day!
When I saw this amazing Chile Colorado Burrito recipe at Joyously Domestic, I KNEW I had to give it a try! This is a delicious Slow Cooker Beef Burrito recipe with tender shredded beef and beans! It’s very simple, just pop your ingredients into the slow cooker and let them simmer. Just before serving, wrap up your burritos and pop them into the oven for a few minutes!
I used homemade enchilada sauce in these (to cut down the salt) but feel free to use your favorite brand to make this recipe a breeze!
Click print here ↓
Slow Cooker Beef Burritos
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 1/2 lbs . stewing beef
- 1 large onion , sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 (at least 19 oz) can of enchilada sauce (or homemade sauce)
- 1 can refried beans
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped Tomatoes
- In a large pan brown beef cubes. Place in crockpot with onion and cover with enchilada sauce. This recipe will cook on high 4 hours or low 7-8 hours. Add sliced bell pepper during last 30 minutes.
- Once beef is fork tender, remove from slow cooker with a fork and shred.
- Preheat oven to 400 and remove all onions and peppers from sauce and add to beef. Meanwhile, heat refried beans on the stove top or in the microwave.
- Lay tortillas out on the counter and evenly divide hot refried beans and beef mixture in the center of each. Wrap tortillas (if you don't know how, most packages of tortillas will have directions on wrapping).
- Place the wrapped tortillas seam side down in a 9x13 pan. Top with remaining sauce (from slow cooker) and cheddar cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
- Serve with desired toppings.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
This recipe was adapted from Joyously Domestic!