I love slow cooker meals and this one is no exception!
You Control the Spice
Nothing like coming home to a meal ready to eat! In this recipe, you will be removing the jalapeno seeds to control the spice. If you prefer a little more heat, you can leave them in!
While the list of ingredients looks long, this is super easy to put together and delicious!
Click print here ↓
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 6 6- inch corn tortillas cut 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño diced and seeded
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 can rotel
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14.5 oz black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Cook onion, garlic and jalapeño in olive oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20 min.
- Shred Chicken and add back to the pot with tortilla strips.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)