Roasting Snap Peas in the oven takes just minutes and is a bright flavorful snack or side.
Green with a mild, crisp texture, sugar snap peas are tossed in a flavorful coating with a little crunch. These are great alongside almost any meal.
Savory Snap Peas
- These sweet little pea pods are easy to find year-round in the produce section of most grocery stores.
- Short on time? Frozen snap peas will work for this recipe.
- Snap peas can be eaten raw or lightly cooked. They are loaded with antioxidants and fiber so they make a healthy addition to any meal.
Ingredients and Variations
SNAP PEAS: Snap peas are perfect for roasting. Asparagus spears can also be added to the mixture. This recipe calls for snap peas which are different than snow peas.
SEASONINGS: Tossing the peas in panko breadcrumbs gives them a little crunch while the garlic and sesame seeds add flavor. A tiny bit of sriracha adds a bit of heat but you can use chili flakes in place if you’d prefer.
How to Trim Peas
I usually buy snap peas that come already trimmed but it just takes a moment to DIY if needed.
Gently hold a snap pea in one hand and use a small paring knife to trim off the top. Pull the cut portion of the pea towards you and the string will come with it. Cutting off the bottom tip is optional but not at all necessary.
How to Roast Snap Peas
There are just a few steps to making these roasted snap peas:
- Trim and rinse the snap peas.
- Toss with remaining ingredients.
- Roast! (as per recipe below)
Note: Snap peas cook quickly and do not need very long in the oven. They’re best served tender-crisp.
How to Serve Roasted Peas
Keep roasted snap peas in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. They are great in salads and can be eaten warm or chilled.
More Roasted Veggies We Love
- Roasted Tomatoes
- Oven Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Beets
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Green Beans
Roasted Snap Peas
- 12 ounces snap peas about 3 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sriracha optional
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine olive oil & sriracha. Toss to coat snap peas.
- Add sesame seeds, bread crumbs, & garlic. Toss well to coat.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast 7-10 minutes or until tender crisp.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)