Oven roasted green beans are a simple and delicious side dish that goes with just about any meal. I love serving these green beans alongside a chicken parmesan with some egg noodles, or a delicious pork tenderloin. They’re a fun and versatile side!
Roasted green beans take about 25 minutes from start to finish, and they are SO easy to prepare while your main dish cooks. I like to prepare them early and get them onto the baking sheet in the fridge. Just pop them in the oven 20 minutes before dinner is ready to serve!
Roasted Green Beans
No matter how you like your green beans, they are always a fun side dish. Green Beans with Bacon, Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles, you name it (and of course we can’t forget a classic Green Bean Casserole)!
This simple roasted green bean side dish is an easy way to enjoy them too! In the summer, I love growing fresh green beans in my garden next to my tomatoes and other fresh veggies. They are even great as a snack with some ranch dip!
How To Trim Green Beans
Green beans have 2 sides to them, one tip is edible and tastes the same as the rest of the bean. The other side has a rough knob where the green bean grew from the plant.
To trim green beans:
- As you wash them, use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut the hard end off of the bean.
- Alternatively, line them up on a cutting board so all of the hard ends are on the same side, and slice them using a sharp knife.
How To Make Roasted Green Beans
These roasted beans could not be easier to make.
- Prep the beans. Wash them in cold water, trim them, and dry them.
- Place the beans on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil
- Add seasoned salt, pepper, and garlic powder (and any other seasonings you’d like). Toss to combine.
- Roast beans until tender-crisp. I like to broil them for an extra minute before pulling them out.
How Long To Roast Green Beans: Green beans take 18-22 minutes at 400°F depending on how well you like them done. If you have another dish in the oven at a different temperature, you can adjust the cooking time for the roasted green beans. I usually cook my casseroles at 350°F, so if I am making roasted beans as a side dish, I usually add about 5 minutes to the cook time. They’re super forgiving!
More Easy Sides
- Roasted Tomatoes – so delicious
- Roasted Carrots – kids love these
- Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes – simple addition to dinner!
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon – everyone loves these
- Easy Roasted Beets – great hot out of the oven or chilled in salads
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes – favorite!
- Roasted Butternut Squash – Sweet and delicious
Roasted Green Beans
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash beans and trim ends.
- Place beans on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add seasonings and toss well. Spread into a single layer.
- Roast beans 18-22 minutes or until tender-crisp. Broil 1 minute if desired.