I love snap peas and so do my kids! This is the perfect side for any meal and the best part is that it takes about 5 minutes to make! We serve this alongside grilled chicken or salmon or pretty much any meat!
I purchase pre-washed snap peas to make it extra quick and easy. You’ll want to make sure you’re using fresh ginger and garlic in this recipe for the best results.
REPIN IT HERE
Fresh ginger is one of my favorite flavors and something I always have on hand. If you’ve never cooked with it before, you must try it, it’s really inexpensive and packs a huge flavor punch! When buying ginger you want to look for a large piece with dry skin and no wrinkling. (Older drier ginger has more flavor than younger ginger). A lot of people store ginger in the fridge which is totally fine, place it in a Ziploc bag and remove the air. Personally, I like to keep it on the counter with my garlic since I use it fairly quickly.
A couple of tips for working with ginger…
- I personally never peel ginger. I give it a rinse and leave it on the counter in a bowl.
- Rather than mincing it, I use a hand grater to shred it or I use a garlic grater if I need it a finer texture.
- If it starts to wrinkle, just toss the whole root in the freezer so you always have it on hand
- Grate it right from frozen into my dishes with perfect results
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
Sesame Garlic Snap Peas
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 3 cups snap peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon shredded fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add in snap peas and soy sauce. Cook 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally until snap peas are tender crisp. Remove from heat and toss with sesame seeds and sesame oil.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love