Oven Roasted Carrots are easy to make and need just minutes of prep! Fresh carrots are tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted until tender and golden for a family favorite side dish!
Savory or Sweet
As much as I love glazed carrots, this recipe for savory roasted carrots is especially simple. Seasoned with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, the carrots’ natural, slightly sweet flavors to really shine through. This is also a great base recipe for you to play with if you’d like to get more adventurous with your roasted carrots.
If you prefer these to be sweeter glazed roasted carrots, add a tablespoon or so of brown sugar or even honey to make Honey Roasted Carrots!
How to Roast Carrots in the Oven
Roasting carrots is easy and this technique can be applied to most many Roasted Vegetables.
- Prep Carrots: Wash, peel (optional, see below), and cut if they’re large. (Baby Carrots or smaller carrots can stay whole).
- Season: Toss carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Roast: Place carrots on a pan and roast (per recipe below) until browned and tender.
Serve, garnished with parsley (if desired).
Do You Have to Peel Carrots for Roasting? I prefer to peel my carrots before roasting but it is not required. Peeling the carrots gives them a cleaner appearance. If you choose not to peel, scrub them with a veggie brush to make sure you get rid of any dirt or debris before cooking.
How Long To Roast Carrots
These carrots need about 20 minutes or so at 425°F. The high temperature is needed to caramelize the outside for the best flavor. Pierce the carrots with a fork, if they are tender then they are finished!
To Roast Baby Carrots
This recipe works just the same with baby carrots however they might need a bit less time! Because some brands of baby carrots are quite small, start checking your roasted carrots after about 15 minutes (see notes below).
Easy Oven Roasted Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots washed, peeled and cut if large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper plus additional to taste, as needed
- Chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper (for easy clean-up).
- Toss carrots with oil and seasoning.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Arrange carrots in a single layer.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve warm, garnished with parsley if desired.
More Roasted Veggies
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Green Beans with Bacon – Make Ahead
- Easy Baked Zucchini – Reader Favorite!
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Easy Roasted Cauliflower – Easy!