Creamy-sweet pecan pie bars are rich and decadent in a handheld bite.
A delicious as a down-home pecan pie, these bars deliver the same sweet and salty, melt-in-your-mouth goodness!
Perfect Pecan Pie Bars
- Just like pumpkin pie and cheesecake, pecan pie is a dessert favorite, now made easier by turning it into delicious mini-bites!
- A simple shortbread crust is a base for the creamy filling studded with crunchy pecans. This is a definite upgrade for potlucks or parties over ordinary cookies!
- Make these elegantly delicate bars in just 3 easy steps!
THE CRUST: A lightly sweetened butter crust is pressed into a casserole dish so there is no rolling and no shaping. So easy.
THE FILLING: Brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, butter, and vanilla are whisked together for the filling and then the pecans are folded in.
When using nuts in any recipe, toast them in a dry pan until they are lightly browned and fragrant. This process burns off some of the oils, intensifying the flavors and making nuts extra crunchy. Dark or light corn syrup is a personal choice; dark gives the bars a richer flavor, while light corn syrup imparts gives a lighter flavor.
Kitchen Tip Pecan pie bars are sticky. Line your pan with non-stick foil or parchment paper before baking. This makes them easy to remove and cut (and makes cleanup a cinch).
How to Make Pecan Pie Bars
Pecan pie bars are super easy to make:
- Combine crust ingredients until mixture is crumbly (per the recipe below) & press into prepared pan, bake until set.
- Mix filling ingredients in a bowl and fold in pecans. Pour into the baked crust.
- Cool completely and then cut into bars.
How to Store
The best way to store pecan bars is in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. They will last up to 1 week. Remove from the fridge about 15 minutes before serving.
Can You Freeze Pecan Pie Bars?
Yes! Freeze them on a baking sheet and then transfer them to a zippered bag with the date labeled on the outside where they will stay fresh for up to 4 months.
More Dessert Bars We Love
- Chocolate Mint Nanaimo Bars – a minty treat
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Easy Lemon Bars Recipe– dessert favorite
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Apple Cheese Danish Bars – perfect with coffee or tea
- Nanaimo Bars
- Smores Bars – sweet delight
Did you make these Pecan Pie Bars? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup (Karo)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9 pan with foil. Grease well.
- Combine crust ingredients with a mixer on medium until crumbly. Press into prepared pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or just until browned.
- Mix all filling ingredients except pecans in a bowl until smooth. Fold in pecans and pour over the base.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool completely.
- Lift foil out of the pan, remove bars and cut into squares.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.