These Nanaimo bars have a great twist combining chocolate and mint! My new favorite way to enjoy them! Nanaimo bars are one Christmas treat that I always looked forward to when I was younger! My mom made them every single year! While we always have these around the holidays, they’re actually great any time of year and totally perfect served with coffee!!
I thought they’d be pretty challenging to make but they are actually simple! Just layer up the ingredients, refrigerate and cut into squares, easy right?
Note: Custard Powder can be found in the baking aisle of your grocery store. This is the brand I use.
Items You’ll Need for This Recipe
Click print here ↓
CHOCOLATE MINT NANAIMO BARS (NO BAKE)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup graham crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- green food coloring
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter & chocolate chips for the bottom layer in a small bowl.
- Add graham crumbs, coconut and chopped pecans. Mix well and press into the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Beat all ingredients for the mint layer on medium until completely combined. Spread over the cooled base. Refrigerate.
- Microwave oil and chocolate chips on medium heat until just melted. Spread over mint layer. Cool completely and cut into squares.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)