These Nanaimo bars have a great twist combining chocolate and mint! My new favorite way to enjoy them! Nanaimo bars are one Christmas treat that I always looked forward to when I was younger! My mom made them every single year! While we always have these around the holidays, they’re actually great any time of year and totally perfect served with coffee!!
I thought they’d be pretty challenging to make but they are actually simple! Just layer up the ingredients, refrigerate and cut into squares, easy right?
Note: Custard Powder can be found in the baking aisle of your grocery store. This is the brand I use.
Items You’ll Need for This Recipe
Click print here ↓
CHOCOLATE MINT NANAIMO BARS (NO BAKE)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup graham crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- green food coloring
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter & chocolate chips for the bottom layer in a small bowl.
- Add graham crumbs, coconut and chopped pecans. Mix well and press into the bottom of the pan. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Beat all ingredients for the mint layer on medium until completely combined. Spread over the cooled base. Refrigerate.
- Microwave oil and chocolate chips on medium heat until just melted. Spread over mint layer. Cool completely and cut into squares.