Thank you to our friends at Wholesome! for sponsoring this recipe.
Coconut Sugar Cookie Cups have a yummy coconut sugar cookie base filled with frosting and topped with coconut. These are the perfect sweet treat for any time of year but are especially cute for Easter!
When topped with jelly beans, these sweet little treats resemble Easter baskets that are just begging for you to dig into them!
Coconut Sugar Cookie Cups are the perfect treat for all of you coconut lovers any time of year, but especially for Easter. They look just like little Easter baskets, so these yummy cookies practically beg to be filled with jelly beans! They’re the perfect addition to your potluck or sweet ending to your Easter dinner!
The base of these treats is a take on my favorite sugar cookie recipe. I’ve added in some flaked coconut, extracts and used Wholesome! Organic Cane Sugar. If you’ve never used cane sugar in your baking, you’ll love it because it measures and bakes the same as refined white sugar but of course it doesn’t have GMOs or pesticides and is better for you! The coconut cookie mix is baked in mini muffin tins and then cooled completely.
When it comes to desserts, I am always a sucker for the frosting on cakes and cookies (are you with me!?)!
Did you know that Wholesome! creates organic frostings too? Wholesome! Organic Vanilla Frostings not only taste amazing (one of the best premade frostings we’ve ever had actually), they contain no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial colors or flavors and are GMO free! Big win in my books!
As much as my kids love the frostings, I love them too (I may or may not have licked the spoon
four times a couple of times myself when putting these together)! To make filling the cookie cups easy, I place the frosting into my piping tool or piping bag and squeeze it. Once filled, they’re dipped in coconut.
You can certainly serve these cookies as is however, you can also decorate them for Easter by adding Surf Sweets Organic Jelly Beans to make them resemble adorable little baskets. These pretty jelly beans are naturally fruit flavored and don’t contain corn syrup.
I know your family is going to love these Coconut Sugar Cookie Cups just as much as mine did!
Baked goods using Wholesome! organic ingredients taste great and are healthier, making this a recipe you can feel good about creating and serving! Wholesome! products can be found at many stores including HEB, Meijer, Giant Eagle, and right now you can grab a coupon here to save $1.00 on Wholesome! products for your spring baking.
Coconut Sugar Cookie Cups
- ⅔ cup butter
- ¾ cup Wholesome! Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Wholesome! Organic Frosting (Wild White Strawberry or Vanilla)
- flaked coconut
- Surf Sweets Organic Jelly Beans
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 24 mini muffin pan wells.
- Cream butter and Wholesome! Organic Cane Sugar. Mix in egg and extracts.
- Combine flour, baking powder, coconut and salt. Using a spoon, mix flour mixture into sugar mixture just until combined.
- Divide mixture over 24 muffin wells, lightly press and bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
- Remove from oven and immediately create a small indent using a measuring spoon or the end of a wooden spoon. Cool 10 minutes in the pan. Remove and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, top with Wholesome! Organic Frosting, coconut and Surf Sweets Organic Jelly Beans.
More Recipes You Will Love
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wholesome!. The opinions and text are all mine.