Baked Corn on the Cob is an easy way to enjoy corn during the summer. Almost every farmer’s market and supermarket will be brimming with fresh yellow or white summer corn. It’s an American staple on dinner tables all summer long!
Did you know that baking is a great alternative to boiling corn?
How to Bake Corn on the Cob
Baking fresh corn on the cob in the oven keeps it moist and flavorful. Just a couple of pats of melted butter (or even Garlic Butter), a splash of water, and a dash of salt and pepper will bring out the sweet flavors of tender summer corn.
- Preheat oven and husk ears of corn removing the silks.
- Brush each ear generously with butter.
- Add water, cover and bake.
Remove ears of corn and season with salt and pepper.
The fastest way to husk corn: Cut off the stem end of the ear of corn about 1 inch from the bottom. Microwave 2 minutes. Then, with one hand, let the corn simply slide out of the cut end! The husk and silk stay in one piece and the corn is ready to cook!
To Bake From Frozen
If you want to bake frozen ears of corn, the best way is to thaw naturally. Then bake per directions, decreasing the water to 1/4 cup. Freezing corn breaks up the cell walls of the kernels and in order to refresh them as they are baking, less water is needed.
To bake corn from frozen preheat oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
What to Serve with Corn on the Cob
This easy baked corn on the cob recipe literally matches with everything and anything! Pair with grilled chicken, or of course Classic Hamburgers; pretty much anything coming off the grill! Heavier filets of fish like salmon and halibut all pair well with to this baked corn on the cob recipe.
- Microwave Corn on the Cob – quick and easy!
- Grilled Corn Salad – filled with fresh flavors
- Easy Corn Chowder – Great for leftovers
- Black Bean and Corn Salad – Full of flavor
- Fresh Corn Salad – ready in 10 minutes
Baked Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears corn on the cob husked
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brush corn with melted butter. Place in a 2QT baking dish.
- Add water and cover with foil.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Toss corn with butter, salt & pepper.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)