Note: This frosting was put on banana muffins… it is my Grandpa’s recipe from when I was little! You can find Grandpa Z’s Banana Cupcakes here! This recipe is great on banana, chocolate or vanilla cupcakes!
I absolutely LOVE Nutella… I could quite possibly live on it. My favorite has always been on warm toast so it gets all melty… but now that I’ve made it in frosting form, I have a new favorite! What is not to love!
I was surprised at how much the hazelnut flavor comes out in this recipe!
Although I used the “store Nutella” in this recipe, don’t forget to check out my homemade Nutella recipe!
- 3/4 cup butter , softened
- 3/4 cup of Nutella
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat butter & nutella until combined.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave on 40% power for 30 seconds until ALMOST melted. You just want them melted but not hot… once almost melted, stir chocolate chips until the remainder melts and allow to cool slightly.
- With the mixer running, pour the melted chocolate into the Nutella mixture.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)