Fluffy Nutella frosting is the perfect creamy topper for your favorite cupcakes.
It can be used to frost cupcakes, cakes, or even brownies. With the texture of buttercream, this Nutella frosting can be spread or piped onto your favorite sweet treats!
A Favorite Frosting
Nutella was first introduced over 50 years ago in Italy. This amazing spread is a combination of hazelnuts and cocoa (chocolate).
Adding it to frosting makes for a rich chocolate frosting with a hazelnut flavor. The texture is nice and thick, great for spreading, piping or filling.
NUTELLA Start with either original or Homemade Nutella.
DAIRY Add butter and cream for an extra creamy texture.
SUGAR Powdered sugar makes it sweet, light, and fluffy, perfect for frosting.
How to Make Nutella Frosting
Nutella frosting is as easy to make as 1, 2, 3!
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and Nutella until completely combined.
- Mix in vanilla and heavy cream.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and cocoa powder and beat until fluffy.
How to Store Nutella Frosting
- Keep Nutella frosting in a covered container and it will last for about a week in the refrigerator.
- Freeze portions of Nutella frosting in quart-sized zipper bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 3 months.
- Let frosting thaw at room temperature and beat the frosting with an electric mixer until it is fluffy again.
Add Nutella Frosting to…
- Strawberry Crepes – perfect for brunch
- Grandpa’s Banana Cupcakes – a 5 star recipe
- Easy Blondie Recipe – chewy, dense, and buttery
- Birthday Cake Pancakes – festive & fun
- Peanut Butter Banana Refrigerator Pie – no bake
Did you love this Nutella Frosting? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
- ¾ cup butter softened
- ½ cup Nutella + 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ - 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Beat butter and Nutella until combined. Mix in cream and vanilla.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.