Oreo Chocolate Cheesecake Parfaits are the perfect no bake dessert with layers of chocolate, a quick and easy no bake cheesecake and delicious Oreo cookie crumbs! These are best when made ahead and easy to transport in a mason jar making them the perfect take-along potluck dessert.
While I actually don’t eat a ton of sweets, I am pretty much ALWAYS up for a good cheesecake and of course I love no-bake desserts (who doesn’t?!). This is literally the most perfect combination of cheesecake and chocolate, it’s both light and rich at the same time.
I have included a recipe for my easy homemade chocolate pudding which is amazing. It takes a little bit longer, but it’s always worth the effort. If you’re short on time or would like something really quick, you can certainly substitute a box of instant chocolate pudding instead.
The great thing about this recipe is you can (and should) make it ahead of time and just pop them in the fridge. For potlucks, I like to make these ahead of time and put a lid on them for travel. When we arrive at our destination, I remove the lids and quickly top them with some whipped cream (or whipped topping) and a cherry.
To make these chocolatey parfaits mess free, I put my pudding and cheesecake into separate plastic zipper bags and snip off the corner (and if you don’t have a baggy holder, you need one… I use it ALL of the time)! These are great in mason jars, but can also be served in clear plastic cups or wine glasses depending on the occasion!
Oreo Chocolate Cheesecake Parfaits
- 1 box of instant chocolate pudding & milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ cups cold heavy cream whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- whipped cream or whipped topping
- Place cookies into a zippered bag and slightly crush using a rolling pin. You want them broken up but not completely into crushed.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of crumbs and set aside for garnish.
- Box of Chocolate Pudding prepared according to directions
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt, mix well. Add in cold milk, stir until combined.
- Turn heat onto medium high stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Allow to boil for 1 minute while stirring, remove from heat and stir in butter. Cool completely stirring occasionally to avoid a skin forming.
- With an electric mixer, mix heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in softened cream cheese until mixed.
Here are a few more recipes that you will love